Do you like reading while traveling?

Discussion in Travel started by GenevB • Oct 22, 2014.

1. PaulSpec

PaulSpecNew Member

Threads:
    I have always loved reading while travelling but I prefer it even better if I am all alone while travelling. I think it is quite awesome to pass time while travelling if you are alone while travelling. I think it is great to be with people while travelling but if you are not able to do so then a book can always be of great help.

2. jfab

jfabNew Member

Threads:
    Traveling is probably the only time I can finally read a book, so I take this opportunity to dive into one of my favorite novels and authors. It's not everyday that I get to be on a plane and not do anything but sit down and analyze what I just read.

3. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I carry my book but i can't finish it as i just used to read during the time while i had nothing to do. Mostly i just love to enjoy my travel journey and love to make it exploring journey.;)
    I know very well i can complete my book at home any time, someday but while i am on traveling just wanna concentrate one it. :)

4. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I always carry a book around when I travel, especially when I travel by land and it takes more than five hours to reach the destination. Reading takes off the impatience and expedites the trip somehow. I wouldn't suggest it as a good idea though, since reading while in a moving vehicle isn't helpful for the eyes. Though there's really no problem when you're in a plane since it's steadier than a car.

5. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I'm surprised so many of you can actually read while travelling in a car or bus! I cannot physically read for a long time without feeling sick. I have to look out of the window or I get motion sickness.
    Travelling in a train or plane is different. Then I can read and relax.

6. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I love to read, and I always take my Kindle with me whenever I travel. The problem I have is that I get dizzy if I read while on a moving vehicle, which makes reading during the course of the trip impossible for me.
    I really wish I didn't get nauseous though, those long trips can get boring.

7. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely. If I'm prohibited to use my phone/laptop while flying, I suppose I could use a good book since I don't read that often, anyway, haha.
    In fact, my liking for books was triggered because when I traveled in 2006 for the first time with a plane, I had the bright inspiration of taking a book with me which I read within the plane, and since then I started to like reading better. I don't read that often, but when I do, it's just a good experience. :)

8. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I just love doing this. Hy guys now let name one of your favourite travel book, I am sure in this way we could get interested books names as well.

9. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    I read a lot while I travelled a few years ago. But recently, I just can't get into it. I always bring a book or journal articles to read but I usually get through only a couple of pages. I think it's because my mind is too preoccupied with planning my trip and taking in everything visually so I can't really absorb what I read.

10. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly my point Femiluv...!! It always happened with me too. I agreed with you it just because of the mind set up that lost for upcoming tour.

11. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    I only do that when I'm travelling in places I have been before a couple of times. If I'm going somewhere new I don't cause I Just want to see how the place I'm heading looks like.