Do you like real jewelry or costume jewelry better?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by alid1 • Jul 12, 2012.

1. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    OK! that seems like a winner to me. If real jewelry makes you feel happy and don't cause you to gain a pound, I would say go for it girl. I kind of know what you mean, because when I am making jewelry I feel the same way and I could be hungry and I will not stop to eat but keep making my jewelry until it's finished even though I know this is the wrong way to do it, because I need to eat at a decent hour. So I am crazy about jewelry the same as you, except I don't wear it much, but it gives me great pleasure to make it. I am still with the watch and earrings.

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I totally hear you! There is something very comforting about putting on your jewelry and looking in the mirror at how elegant you look. I find I get a similar effect, though, whether I'm wearing artsy costume jewelry or fancy real jewelry.

3. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    Personally, I like both. Most of my real jewelry has been gifts from my father and my fiance. I tend to purchase more costume jewelry because its cheaper. I live a hour away from New York and I visit Chinatown once every two months to purchase earrings and necklaces. If I am lucky I normally get 25 pairs of earring for $20 and 10 necklaces for $20. If I cannot make it to New York, I buy costume jewelry from forever21.com and fashionbella.com

4. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    That is a great buy jovan107 for all that jewelry and I know you have a great time shopping for jewelry. Chinatown does have some nice things and it's to bad I don't live close to there when I want something a little fresh to wear every once in awhile. I would pick those places just like you to buy from. Those that like to wear jewelry all the time should follow your path to Chinatown. LOL!

5. weddingbands12

weddingbands12Banned

Threads:
    I really like costume jewelry.

6. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    I love costume jewelry!!! You can buy so much costume jewelry in various designs and the best part is that its so much cheaper then buying real jewelry. ;) I buy 'junk jewelry' all the time and have a huge collection of necklaces, bracelets, earrings and rings. I also love silver jewelry and prefer it to gold so I have a lot of silver pieces of jewelry too.

7. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I like both. I really only own one piece of real jewelry and that's my wedding bands and engagement ring, but I like quality CZ jewelry too. I love getting the look for less ...just as long as it doesn't turn my finger green. LOL

8. weddingbands12

weddingbands12Banned

Threads:
    I really love diamond wedding bands and wedding ring

9. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Real gold for me. Although I like costume jewelry I cannot wear them. My skin breaks out and reacts to the metal. I like silver jewelry but it needs a lot more maintenance than gold. I usually stick to gold jewelry, but once in a while I wear costume jewelry. I need to get them off after a few hours.

10. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Same here. I'm also allergic to gold, strangely. I develop a blister on my right earlobe every time I wear an earring or stud made of gold. I don't face this issue with costume jewelry thankfully. I find them cheaper, they look lovely, and I am able to afford as many as I want. :p

11. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if what I buy really qualifies as costume jewellery, but it is all fake. I don't personally think real jewelry is often worth the price. I think imitation accessories serve the same purpose, and with less anxiety about breaking or losing it. Although, I will say the really cheap items, such as rings will leave a ring around my finger sometimes.

12. malia22

malia22Member

Threads:
    I love them both, i don't think fashion is about what it cost but about how you wear it. statement pieces are always awesome and they are almost always costume jewelry. I'm also a go big or go home type of girl!! haha

13. weddingbands12

weddingbands12Banned

Threads:
    I like real jewelry.

14. JohnnyM

JohnnyMNew Member

Threads:
    I have just recently gotten addicted to monogrammed jewelry. Gifted it to a friend and she became my girlfriend :)

15. weddingbands12

weddingbands12Banned

Threads:
    I love costume jewelry .

16. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love all sorts of jewelry also and love to see others wearing it. I am just not the one for that but love costume jewelry and it can be purchased at a very reasonable price and will not break the bank. That's what I like about that also, you can get all dressed up for almost nothing and look like a million bucks and no one will know but you. That is so great for people on a limited budget like myself.

17. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I like and wear both depending on the occasion. I suppose costume jewellery matches casual clothes better. I like wearing gold or silver earrings, bracelets, necklaces or rings with dresses.

18. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Sure you can pull the look together that you want for a fraction of the cost of the real stuff and others will never know how much you paid for anything. If you want to pull together that casual look for the day or the unique look for the night hours, who needs to know what you paid for anything, but you have it together no matter the hour.

19. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    I prefer for costume jewellery more as compared to real jewellery. There are some reasons behind it. Costume jewellery can be purchased in wide quantity matching with the outfit. While real jewellery can be purchased in limit. Now a days costume jewellery is more trendy and it looks great on matching outfit.

20. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I like costume jewelry..I have lots of it. Although I do have some real jewelries but only wear them on very special occasions. The advantage of costume jewelries is that it's very easy to collect because it's cheap compared to real ones. :)