Do You Like The Taste Of Alcoholic Drinks?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sidney • Mar 25, 2013.

1. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like the taste of straight alcohol either. I can tolerate it in a mixed drink if there's isn't much alcohol. I really don't like the taste of beer. I also don't like the smell of beer.

I once had a shot of Southern Comfort. It didn't taste bad, but it's not something I would drink on a regular basis.

2. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Sandra, by now you know how I feel about my wine, lol. I used to drink vodka in a screwdriver when I was at a place that didn't have any decent wine. Then someone introduced me to gin and tonic and I've never looked back, lol.

That's how I feel about the Patron XO Cafe! It's soooooo good! Pour some of that over ice after dinner and you won't even think about dessert!

3. illusen

illusenNew Member

Threads:
    I like vodka and whine, but those are the only alcoholic drinks I actually enjoy the tasting. Brandy, tequila, gin, they all taste awful to me; and beer smells like sweat and I really don't like its taste.

Oh and I enjoy cocktails, my favorite being Piña Colada.
    So I guess I don't like the taste of most alcoholic drinks unless they are in a cocktail or at least mixed with some basic stuff like Pepsi (which still makes them a cocktail if I'm not mistaken, right?)

4. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I don't strongly like or dislike the taste. I know it doesn't sound great, but I don't drink the alcohol for the taste. I usually drink it when out or at a party. I can certainly tolerate the taste without issues, but I wouldn't drink it if it didn't have the same effect. I'm starting to lose my interest in drinking altogether though. I might just stick to wine once in a while.

5. GreenCamino

GreenCaminoNew Member

Threads:
    There are drinks that taste good like a long island ice tea or a bloody mary but then you have drinks that have a good burn to boot like a good whiskey or rum. I don't necessarily like the taste of straight liquors (except for brandy) but I don't not like them either. The only alcohol that I can say I don't like the taste of is beer but I'll still drink it. Mike's Hard is an exception in that category but I'd have to say that I do like the taste of most alcoholic drinks. Recently I've been making my own beer and wine since unlike distilling liquor, it's not illegal and it's a lot cheaper than buying beer and wine.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I guess that the majority of people in this forum don't like the taste of alcohol like me. I'm aware that there are sweet tasting alcoholic beverages, so I'll probably drink them. But anything that does not taste good I'll gladly pass up on it.

7. delco

delcoMember

Threads:
    Whiskey is kind of an acquired taste. I could never really stand it before, but I went and bought a big bottle and finished it in a week. Now that's all I drink when I go to bars, I love the taste.

8. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I'm not much of a drinker and I do not appreciate the taste of alcohol especially beers. Champagne however I could take and red wine but other than those, I really don't like. I'm an occasional drinker and I even prefer soda such as rootbeer than any alcoholic drink.

9. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I do not like the taste of beer, but I love wines and mixed drinks. I cannot drink straight liquor unless it is a shot(only one). I don't like drinking to strong of drinks, so that is why I mix them, for a sweeter taste. For the past two times of drinking a daiquiri from Walmart that you have to freeze, they have made my chest hurt really bad. So I don't know if it is something in there that is to strong or what. Maybe my body is starting to reject the alcohol, since I have really only been drinking water lately.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Be happy you don't like the taste! It's definitely not something you need in your life. I too hate the taste of alcohol unless it's sweetened somehow. So all my faves are mixed to the hilt lol.

11. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    Some of them, yes I do! There are a lot of alcoholic drinks out there that plain and simple taste bad, well for me at least, drinks like vodka, whiskey, Gin, Rum and some others that I can't recall their names. For me these taste bad, taste like alcohol, but there are others, mainly liquors, that done right are simply amazing to drink, herbs liquor, coffee liquor and chocolate liquor to name just a few. I think, like with many other things in life, there's something for everyone so, not every alcoholic drink has to taste bad!

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not particularly a big drinker myself, but I do appreciate the activity. :) I tend not to drink much but I like the way alcoholic mixed drinks taste. I'm not very partial to beer and wine, but I do drink it from time to time and there are even some times that I crave it, but not often. One thing I hate is drinking alcoholic drinks while I eat. I never understood how people liked doing that, I think it numbs my taste buds and nostrils too much and I don't get to enjoy my food as much.

13. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    Well I certainly like the taste of alcohol. My favorite alcoholic drink is strawberry daiquri topped with cherries and whipped cream. I also enjoy drinking heineken and budweiser beers. I rarely drink privately, but I will be investing in a blender to make strawberry daiquri's from scratch when I'm having company over.

14. XOHum

XOHumMember

Threads:
    I do like to drink the alcohol with my friends. beer, wine all is ok for me.

15. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would consider myself a pretty heavy drinker, and I don't really mind the taste of alcohol itself per se, but I think it also depends on the type of alcohol you are drinking. Some of them don't necessarily taste all that good straight up, regardless of their strength. I can drink vodka straight as long as its on ice, but something like a rum I prefer as a cocktail. You may want to try out something like Framboise Lambic, I believe it's technically a beer but it doesn't taste anything like a regular beer. It tastes like fresh raspberries, and is really good. Blue Moon is another beer that is much milder in taste and has a bit of a citrus flavor to it.

16. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    Wow, I'm surprised to find so many non-drinkers in one place its refreshing. Goes to show that the liquor industry is fueled by repeat business. I'm not an everyday or weekly drinker, but on occasion I do enjoy an iced cold Corona, or one of those Bicardi coolers, on a Friday after a long workweek. I'm not sure how I acquired this taste, but at least its by no means a frequent event.

The scary thing is that hard liquors are really trying to appeal to the younger crowd. If you notice the commercials now, they are hip and trendy. I love the Heineken and the "everybody's got a litte captain in them" ads, but you'll also notice that drinks are now sweeter. Vodka and rum both come in all sorts of flavors, apple, strawberry and even chocolate.

17. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    I like a good drink! My regular tipples are dry white wine, light beer, gin/vodka and tonic, champagne, Prosecco and I enjoy a good Martini.

My friends and I go out a lot - we tend to drink a lot too! :D

18. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a heavy beer drinker as well although I don't mind drinking wine especially when I'm with my friends. Even the most bitter alcoholic drinks start to taste better when you are accompanied by your buddies.

With that said, the drinks that I like are the ones that are light such as light beers and cocktails. =))

19. nikki_luvv

nikki_luvvNew Member

Threads:
    It really depends on the drink. I definitely don't like the taste of straight vodka or rum, but mix it with even just a little juice and I'm good to go. I do like wine, but I don't know much about wine, I do like dry wine and also sweet...as long as it's not too sweet. As far as beer goes, I'm not a big fan, it would probably be my last choice.

20. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I am teetotal so I do not really know what alcoholic drinks taste like. However, I did try some sips of wine and whiskey a long time ago (I was about nine or ten years old at the time). I did not really like either. The wine tasted sour and the whiskey just tasted too strong. It is possible that I was too young to appreciate the flavour. Now I have no intention of finding out though! I have tried non-alcoholic beer but they were fairly tasteless. They were basically just like fizzy water.