Do You Like The Taste Of Alcoholic Drinks?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sidney • Mar 25, 2013.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also had my 1st sip of beer when I was around 9 years old, and I never liked its taste at all, and until now I still don't. I'm sure when you have a chance to taste beer again you will still have the same opinion.

2. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I like straight liquor, I like mixed drinks, I like some beers, and I like some wines. I love vodka, gin, and rum. I dislike the cheaper brands of tequila. I have an amazing tolerance so that might be why I like the taste. I've heard it said that those with poor tolerance tend to more strongly hate the taste of alcohol.

3. dafriend

dafriendNew Member

Threads:
    Oh yes - i know someone that cant stand the taste or smell of any type of alcohol - my mother! She NEVER drinks! I find it to be a very rare phenomena! lol

4. kerri

kerriNew Member

Threads:
    As a retired bar manager and bartender with more than 15 years experience, I would have to say the right bartender could find a drink to your liking. You would have to tell the bartender what your favorite flavors are, and what flavors you detest. There are soo many wonderful drinks that you can order that don't taste like alcohol at all. While I am not trying to convert you to drinking, there may someday find yourself in a situation where you would be more comfortable if you had a drink in your hand. You're welcome to post the things you like to drink and favorite desserts (yes, desserts) and I will gladly give you a list of drinks to try.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I generally don't drink alcoholic drinks. I only drink during parties and events. As much as possible I don't like to drink alcoholic beverages. But I do like the taste of flavored alcoholic drinks. They taste like juice and I don't get drunk easily if I drink flavored alcoholic drinks.

6. himali.jagma

himali.jagmaMember

Threads:
    i do not like to taste alcoholic drinks

7. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    I don't really like the pure taste of alcohol but I tend to find the taste more bearable when I mix it with a fruit drink, so it's not as bad. However, I absolutely HATE the bitter taste of beer even more than I hate the taste of pure alcohol. Other than that, I am a huge fan of cocktails :).

8. jericjames10

jericjames10Member

Threads:
    Same here, I don't really like how they taste, but occasionally I drink it with my pals.

9. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I'm someone who doesn't hate alcoholic drinks, but finds other drinks better for my own enjoyment. When i am with friends and they all have some, then sure, i will have some too, but most of the times i never buy alcoholic drinks for myself.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I like chocolates, ice cream and pastries, so are there certain drinks that taste like that?

11. fishbowl

fishbowlNew Member

Threads:
    For a long time I didn't understand why people liked the taste of beer. That was before I ever had a sip of cold beer on a warm sunny day. That pretty much changed my opinion instantly. I can't stand the taste of cheap vodka, it tastes like permanent marker. I don't even like vodka in mixed drinks, the bitterness is really hard to off-set without putting too much sugar/diluting the alcohol too much.

People's tastes can change over time, that's why you see children prefer sweets in their young age. They also don't like bitter flavors for the most part, which is why you see them hate the taste and smell of things like beer and brussel sprouts.

12. byersals

byersalsNew Member

Threads:
    I am totally not a fan of hard alcohol drinks. I do, however, enjoy a nice glass of wine or a good beer. My beer of choice is Guinness. However, I try to avoid the hard stuff at all costs.

13. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I do not care for the taste of alcohol. I never really did. I only cared about getting tipsy. On a hot summer day I will crave a beer from time to time. I don't drink alcohol any more, though. I will drink a non-alcoholic beer once every few years if I have a strong enough craving. I always thought that hard liquor tasted terrible. Champagne tasted alright but was quite strong.

14. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    People say they love the taste of alcohol but I don't think they do, most people love how alcohol makes them feel, more relaxed with lower inhibitions. Would they really drink alcohol if it didn't alter their state of consciousness? I'm not so sure. Maybe the people who can afford the best quality wines, beers, spirits etc but that's only a small minority.

15. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    Unfortunately, the only reason I typically drink alcohol is to catch a buzz. :x Virgin pina coladas even taste better than spiked ones!
    I prefer to do shots when I'm drinking for this reason...I catch the buzz I'm looking for without having the constant taste of booze in my mouth :eek:

16. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can handle some wine but now all. I can't handle the taste of beer at all I don't know what it is I just can't stand it. Just the smell makes me sick. I prefer fruity drinks like Smirnoff or hard mikes cause you can't taste the alcohol.

17. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My issue with Wines is they stain my mouth, and the flavor lingers in my mouth too much long after I drink it. Plus the viscosity of them is often too syrupy. Beers tend to make me even thirstier, because my mouth has a yeasty taste in it the whole time I am drinking them. I feel like I just ate a piece of bread drinking them.

My favorite drinks are typically cocktails with a little carbonated water and a squeeze or lime or lemon.

18. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I am not an alcoholic type of person, but I don't mind drinking occasionally. I drink wine most of the time. I love red wine. I don't really drink beer. I don't like the taste. There are some alcohol drinks that taste really good.