Do you like to make some homemade gifts?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by sdjaxson • Nov 27, 2012.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do like making gifts for people. Lotions, soaps etc and I crochet some items too, but only if I can make it unique. I won't make say, a scarf if it looks like every other scarf on the planet, I could probably buy it just as cheaply as make it.

2. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I love doing this for a number of reasons. The first reason is that it gives me something to do. I work from home as a freelance writer, and I find that a lot of the time is spent sitting at my computer either writing or proofreading. Having something to take my mind of that sometimes is fantastic. Also, it probably saves money. If I make my own cards, for example, I can make them for around 25p each if I bulk buy the equipment, whereas I'd have to spend at least £2 on one if I were to get it from a shop. It also means a lot to the person who you give it to. If it shows that you really thought about what you were doing, it looks much better than it would have done if you'd just bought something from a shop that anyone could have walked into.

3. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    Home made gifts is a good idea. But we should choose something which will make the person feel happy about only then it is worthy :)

4. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not really artistic, but there are times i give food or cake. When I was in high school I used to do birthday card or Christmas cards for my friends. I also give friendship bracelet. But just the simple one. But now it's more of food than personalized things.