Do you like to receive or give gifts?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by andrew320 • Jun 6, 2012.

1. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I love both giving and receiving. Of course it's really fun and extra nice to get an unexpected surprise as a recieiver, especially if it is a meaningful and thoughful gift.

2. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Although I like receiving gifts, I don't expect them. I sometimes like give than to receive. I know that I can have those things and sometimes others can't afford it. So giving someone something to brighten their day brightens mines. I know God will bless and reward me in the end.

3. xStylezx

xStylezxMember

Threads:
    I'd much rather give than receive. It just makes you feel on top of the world to bring a smile to someones face with a gift. Really so if it's a significant other, such as a Wife or Fiance. I'm always embarrassed when I get gifts from others, never sure how to act. :cool:

4. guidedessensations

guidedessensationsNew Member

Threads:
    yes i really liked to get gifts...

5. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    This may sound selfish but I really prefer getting gifts rather than giving them. In fact, I don't care what kind of gift somebody gives me because I appreciate even the smallest of things as long as I can feel that its from the heart.

6. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I'm not a big fan of either giving or receiving at the moment. Our budget has put a strain on our giving and I know that the majority of my family is strapped for cash as well. So I feel bad when my sister buys cute clothes for my daughter when I know that they are having trouble making ends meet. My mother has finally had enough with her credit card debt and will be very frugal as far as gift giving goes this Christmas. I really wish that the holidays were just a time to get together, eat a good meal, and enjoy each other's company. In our family, the stress that gifts seem to bring along with them is less than desirable.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a single mom and an orphan, this absence of close relatives means the only gifts I receive are drawings from my child. But I do love her drawings. I have fun buying gifts for her, so I would say I prefer giving.

8. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    I love receiving gifts as much as I love giving them but I'm more of a giver than a taker. I find myself buying small gifts for people very often; sometimes just because I thought that they may like something or that it may look good on them. I'm quite a fussy person when it comes to buying things for myself so I prefer doing the choosing if someone wants to buy me a gift.

9. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I like to make people happy, and to smile, so I like to give. Receiving gifts is fine, but making people feel good is great.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to give gifts to the people that are important to me, especially the ones who are financially unstable. It feels good to be of help to those in need. I don't mind not receiving gifts, since I'm quite picky with things anyway.

11. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I love receiving gifts. It's great to get something that you've always wanted. But there is nothing I love more than giving gifts. I always go overboard for Christmas and Birthdays, especially for the children in my life.

12. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    It's not selfish to enjoy getting gifts, especially if they're thoughtful gifts from people who care about you. What I hate is when people who otherwise wouldn't think twice about me feel obligated to give me something, and so they give me something that I don't need, or don't like, or can't use, just so that they can feel good about having checked another person off their Christmas giving list. I don't like being anyone's obligation.

13. wilburheath01

wilburheath01Banned

Threads:
    Hello
    I would like to give gift to some one. Because giving gift to someone shows your feeling to that person. There are very occasions when you can give gift to some one.

14. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Absolutely. I personally love flowers. I have friends in Malta and I send flowers to them on special occasions. I also don't mind receiving and giving other gifts like chocolates and teddy bears. I'm very old school when it comes to this one. :)

15. himali.jagma

himali.jagmaMember

Threads:
    i like to receive and give gift both

16. farry Patel

farry PatelNew Member

Threads:
    I really enjoyed for receiving gifts especially on my birthday and also like to shop gifts for my friends and relatives. I would more like to receiving surprise gifts especially from my parents.

17. sachishah

sachishahMember

Threads:
    Yes, of course who don't like to give or receive gifts. Gifts are very important thing in our life. There are so many occasions like valentines day, Christmas, birthday celebration, wedding, anniversary, Halloween, thanks giving and many more. On all these occasions we have tradition to give gifts or receive gifts. I also like to give gifts and make the receiver surprised and also loved to receive the gifts and surprised by some one. We don't have important of gifts whether it's big or small, we have the important of surprise by giver. Even small kids are also become so happy when you give them even small gifts. In short we all like to give gifts and make the receivers happy and loved to get gifts and become happy.

18. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    i like both receiving gift and giving gift. because i believe that just only receiving gift is not looks good sometimes we should also have to give a gift to our friends, relatives and family member on the different occasions and celebration. I am doing the same thing. i am giving a gift to them on their occasion. Usually i order online. some time i order a chocolate and chocolate gift basket as a gift for them . I will place an order from the

for a chocolate gift

#38Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  19. MiraLevy

MiraLevyNew Member

Threads:
    I love to give gifts. I love love love to shop for gifts. Its my little way of expressing appreciation, love and care.

20. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I also like giving than receiving gifts. When I was young I like receiving, not that I'm earning it's better for me to give, especially to my parents. I love surprising them.