Do you like to shop at "brick and mortar" stores, or do you prefer online?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by kinser • Apr 30, 2012.

1. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer real stores. I like to browse and check out items to find out what I like. Then I go online and find it at the cheapest place and buy it.

2. greenmachine

greenmachineMember

Threads:
    I like to do most of my shopping at regular stores, but from time to time I shop on-line since there are better deals at times. I like to bargain shop so i go where the bargains are whether it be a B&M store or on-line. When I get party supplies I find I can get better deals on-line. When shopping for clothes for myself I prefer to see what I'm buying up close and personal.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the store. Some stores I love going into as there is more than one department that I want to browse in, so that's what I will do with them. Some stores have horrible websites, so I loathe going on there to do more than find out the store location and hours and then I'll go to the store. For the most part, I like to have my merchandise on the same day that I spend the money and that will require me going into the store to do that.

4. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    Really vote for online shopping, it is usually cheaper, more efficient and more enjoyable. The exceptions are for the bulky items, the ones I have to try
    With the price of gasoline going up, the traffic jams and ... the fact I do not like shopping, online is the king !!

5. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    It depends on the product. Does anyone ever buy their groceries online? I doubt it. Computer stuff is a good type of item that I would buy online, especially software. I bought a TV online from K-Mart too. I would think that the least likely type would be perishables that need to be refrigerated.

6. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I love to shop at the stores because I like to see what I am getting and I don't have to go returning anything unless it breaks or whatever. And beside I like to feel the material and touch whatever it is that I am going to purchase. Walk around among the crowd and see what's new. Maybe get food or drinks while shopping. Sit around and talk to people and maybe just relax awhile before going back home.

7. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Well I prefer physical stores as compared to online shopping though I still buy certain items online. Walking into a physical store allows you to have a proper look at what you're planning to buy, the quality of it and whether it truly suits you. Certain things may look good on screen but the actual product might differ. This is one reason why I tend to buy clothing and shoes only in stores where I can try them on and see if they fit. Buying clothing from different parts of the world online would all come in different sizes and cuttings so I would rather make sure I've tried it on personally and it fits rather than have something arrive at your doorstep and not fit and you have to arrange for an exchange etc. Things such as bags, books and decorative items for example are alright to be bought online and they are usually much cheaper than prices at stores. But besides that, I still prefer being able to walk into a shop and browse to my heart's content before buying anything.

8. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I am the same way, I am a touchy feely kind of person and I want to know what that look and feel like before I purchase the item. I am the same way about purses and shoes. I want to know if that shoe is soft leather or hard and if that purse is soft leather or I won't buy the product. And also make sure my shoes are fitting proper before I purchase them. So clothing has to be the right material and feel for me to buy also and anything else I buy. I like the real stores to shop but items like books and mags. and such can be purchased online.

9. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I love shopping for almost anything at the store. I do shop online sometimes, but I really prefer going to the physical store way more. I get too impatient to wait for the online items to be shipped. I like seeing things in person before buying them. Clothes especially are hard for me to buy online because I like to see them online and make sure they fit right. It seems even if it's a brand you know, there will always be something that fits different than you expect it to. The only clothing store I shop online at on a regular basis is JCrew. Their selection and sales are way better online than at my local store.

10. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    They may have a better selection of clothing online but it's nothing like seeing them in person. I like to see the material and feel it also. Buying online will not give you that chance and I am like you however, I am impatient when it comes to ordering something because I want it right now and can't wait for it to come to me.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When it's something I can find online cheaper, I buy online. If the online price is similar to the store price ,I'll buy it at a store. If the online price and the store price are the same, but the website has free shipping on the item, I'll buy online so I can get it delivered to my door and avoid going to a store.

12. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I like the ease of shopping online - I will NEVER prefer navigating my way around a busy supermarket to sitting at home and ordering online. However, when I am clothes shopping etc I prefer "going" to the shops, because it feels more of a treat, more of an event.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer "real" stores since the nearest mall is only walking distance away from our house. I only shop online if the item that I'm looking for isn't available in the "real" stores.

14. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    First, it depends on the type of merchandise or item I am planning to get.

For clothes, I usually prefer online shopping, except for jeans. I have discovered that I have irregular measurements for the bottom section of the body. Thus, it would be important that I try on the jeans personally.

I usually shop in brick-and-mortar retail stores for gadgets, because of the warranty. It would be more difficult to claim warranties and request for troubleshooting assistance if you have not visited the store by yourself.

15. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    This is the time of year to get to the stores and look and feel the merchandise that you want to purchase. It makes you feel good just to be out among the crowd and seeing what others are buying also. You can't beat getting your touchy - feely on now I'm sure. The holidays are coming up and you want to look your very best and shopping online is not the way to do it at all.

16. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    I love online shopping because I can get amazing deals to save my money.Many choices are available to select the best item.

17. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've even started buying my grocery shopping online. I didn't know it would be so easy and cheap. I can pay as little as 3 dollars to have my shopping delivered to my door. That's probably cheaper than the cost of petrol doing my own shop.

18. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It really is. I found it quite amazing to realize that, too.

That downside is that you don't have the choice of produce/meat. You have to hope that your shoppers choose good items. From my experience, they tend to be pretty good at it, but I know the risk is there. I know that sometimes if I'm at the store, even if a produce item is on my list.... if it doesn't look good, I simply don't buy it instead of choosing a lower quality item.

19. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like online shopping a lot more because I never have to worry about not finding what I need or online not having what I want they always have what i'm looking for and usually I can get it cheaper than in store so I def prefer shopping online

20. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd shop for everything online if I could and if they were all available, honestly. I'd rather just spend my casual time outside actually doing some activities rather than shopping. But I do realize that for some people that is their activity, so I wouldn't wish them away just yet. I just prefer to shop from home myself whenever I could since worrying about traffic, parking and a handful of other things really isn't worth it for me nowadays.