Do you like to shop at "brick and mortar" stores, or do you prefer online?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by kinser • Apr 30, 2012.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    It depends very much on what I am trying to buy. If I am buying fresh food, I always buy this in a "brick and mortar" store. Basically, you have to examine what you are buying carefully to make sure that it has not spoiled and is undamaged. Otherwise, you can end up buying something just to throw most of it away! For thing like books, video games and computer accessories, it is often worth checking if it is cheaper to buy locally before ordering online. Once the delivery charges are added on, there is sometimes little to no saving at all.

2. petersixplus

petersixplusNew Member

Threads:
    Maybe i like online shopping than real sometime, it can save some, but its delivery will cost much time. Look at the situation to deal.:D

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do almost all of my shopping online as I tend to find better deals that way. If I can't find something cheaper and it's not worth it to buy it online anyway, then I head out for it. Groceries are the only thing I buy exclusively brick and mortar

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    It really does depend what I am looking to buy, when it comes to clothes I have to be in the store because if I order clothes online and they don't fit I'm too lazy to pack them back up and send them back. I prefer ordering my DVDs and food shopping online.

5. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I like real life shopping, but mostly because I don't have a steady, credit-line-supporting income. Also, I would rather purchase 'what I'm buying' than 'what somebody tells me they'll send me' (that's not only the patience-factor, but also the 'knowing I'm getting exactly what I'm paying for'-factor).

I'm glad you can trust everyone you buy-from to truthfully tell you the exact condition of whatever they're selling you (and can easily return it if it turns out otherwise), but even that's too much a hassle for me (compared to the 'buying what you see/feel you're paying for'-method).