Do You Like To Shop For Second Hand Mobile Sets?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by luckycharm • Nov 24, 2016.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Mobile handsets are going through revolutionary changes every day. New models are becoming obsolete within no time when new ones come in. So I think it is not wise to invest in mobile phones nowadays. I have seen people going for second hand mobile sets to cope up with latest trends. But is it wise to use them? There can be many issues:

We never know how secure the device is. If it’s fitted with a tracking mechanism or something else your security could be compromised. It is very important in the present scenario as financial transactions are being done through smartphones.

We never know the actual source of a second hand mobile; it may be stolen or already part of a crime. So you could be part of a police case unknowingly.

Do you use second hand mobile phones?

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy mobile phones that are in vogue but wait for the fad to disseminate so that prices head south and I can have an informed decision when purchasing them. Secondhand phones are quite a bargain but you should make sure that you buy from somebody you trust and get a receipt to prove that you own it.

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a simple reformat of the unit to it's factory settings is enough to erase any tracking mechanism it might have? That's what most sellers do anyway. I have bought 2nd hand phones locally and supposedly "new" but in reality refurbished phones on Ebay, all in all I purchased around 11 different old models. So far all have been working fine, but 2 have been permanently useless since they won't power on anymore after a few months of use. I actually just sold the defective phone, and I'm planning to sell the other one too.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    For some reasons I do not prefer to buy second hand electronic gadgets for the fear of early glitches. I rather invest in a new gadgrt and use it wisely and for a longer period without extra hidden/unexpected charges.

The mobile phones are getting pretty cheaper as the competition in the market is really high. This gives us, the customers better deals.

You may compare brands, prices and specifications over the net and then decide to buy the cheapest and the most durable one. That way you save a lot.

5. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I'd rather buy a new device and know that it's safe and not being tracked or anything. I'm also always worried that there could be some sort of virus on a pre owned phone. In fact the ones that I have bought in the past have always been faulty in some way or another. I've done this several times when money was tight and I needed something I could use to contact people in an emergency, and have usually regretted it. And besides, you can pick up a brand new one for around £10 here anyway - even if it's not top of the range, it'll still call, which is what it really needs to do. If I was buying a proper smartphone with the latest gadgets on it, I'd rather invest in a brand new one that I know will last me well because I'll look after it too. There's then no worry that it'll die on me earlier than expected.

6. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have used a second hand mobile set, but I have never bought a second hand mobile phone. In fact my first mobile phone was a second hand set. I got it from a friend for free. I am not favorable in buying a second hand mobile phone. Used phones are always in bad condition.