Do You Like To Shop In Malls Or In Smaller Stores?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by BethD • May 30, 2015.

1. BethD

BethDNew Member

Threads:
    Do you like to shop at malls or in smaller stores?

I would much rather shop at a smaller store like Kohls than walk around the mall trying to find what I'm looking for. It becomes too confusing and there are too many choices, people and parking issues. Maybe I'm just showing my age because in my younger years I did enjoy it. When I do go to the mall now, I usually like to shop in just a few stores that are my favorites. I don't find the crowds in the mall enjoyable and if you want to get something to eat it is usually so overcrowded and noisy in the food court. If you go during the week it is not as bad but if you would like to shop on the weekends, it is too hectic. The smaller stores, even on the weekends, are not at all that hectic.

#1May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
  2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I like shopping at smaller stores for two reasons. One, the attendants are more focused on you, so they can assist me better. Second, smaller stores sell cheaper stuff. :)

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like malls at the weekend, but during the weekdays it's fine. I like stores within the malls and as I lie multiple places, I prefer it to small stores where they maybe more personal service and less choice.

I used to work in some of the largest stores in London and I like them, I prefer to wander around and go to different departments. It's what I am used to and only go to small shops when there is no choice.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm with Theo on this one. In fact this is something we usually do, avoid going to huge malls at the weekend because that's when everyone including children and the elderly come out in their droves. It gets too crowded and just slow you right down. During the week it's so much more pleasant and less crowded, you can zip around many different stores with a minimum of fuss.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like huge crowds, although I will endure them if I have to. I do feel much better when I am with another person, or a group of other people, though. But my preference is small shops. In actual fact, I am not a fan of shopping at all. I only shop because it is a necessary evil of life lol. When I shop though, I like to go straight to whatever it is that I am after, and then go home. Large crowds don't easily allow for that.

6. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    Looks like I'm in the minority when I say I like to shop in the mall. The malls near me have a lot of choice, and food for when I'm hungry. I understand it can be overwhelming, so I don't blame people who don't like the mall. It's mostly a convenience thing for me, everything I need in a (large) building. I would rather try and find time during the week to go to the mall then do it on the weekend.

7. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I like shopping in the malls because there is always a huge variety of products to chose from and they always have a huge sale. I found a jean jacket for $12 from a very good and reliable brand, I found $6 jeans from another. I enjoy walking around and "hunting" for my items :D

8. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I try to only go to the mall during the week and first thing in the morning. I do like department stores. I find that they generally have the best deals on the highest quality items. But I hate the mall, in general. I will try to shop online first, but I often find myself making returns to the mall. If I can avoid the middle section though, and stick to the larger department stores on the outside, I'm generally okay.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like shopping at malls a lot more because there's a bigger chance of catching a good promo there, in my experience. Smaller stores tend to not have as much luxury to give out discounts regularly whereas mall stores tend to have massive sales with big cuts on the original prices. The only time I would favor a smaller store is if it offers something truly unique, or if it's a lot more convenient to go to, but otherwise, malls aren't that much less appealing so I just go there instead.

10. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes the convenience of malls suits my needs, and I’m often more likely to find what I need there, especially clothing-wise. If I had my druthers though, I would choose to shop only at smaller, locally-owned businesses. In fact I try to do this as often as possible for gifts, etc. because they sell a lot of locally-made products. I feel like that strikes a nice balance between just getting someone something mass-produced and crafting something myself, which I’m not good at. And in any case, I’m often more comfortable in smaller shops.

11. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I shop both in malls and smaller stores to have a bit of variety. I'd say I like buying in smaller stores as I am more comfortable with it but sometimes smaller stores have less options so when really needed, I'd go to malls to buy there. The things there may cost more but you know they're of good quality and you're not being ripped off.