Do you like to travel during Fall?

Discussion in Travel started by daimashin • Aug 17, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    What do you think of travelling during Fall? Is it a good idea because I reckon that since the summer holiday is over, there wouldn't so many people travelling? I think that because it's not a peak period, some travel agencies might even have discounts and packages. Personally, I've never traveled during Fall, what about you guys?

2. kellidemar

kellidemarNew Member

Threads:
    Personally, traveling in the fall is my favorite!! As far as not as many people, I think that may depend on the location. Some places have peak tourism during the fall because it's the most beautiful there. Like Maine! However, I love the fall, it's my favorite season. The smells and sites are my favorite and the food! The smokey mountains or any other camping is the best during this time temperature wise and the view is the best! Places like florida and california may be good calls too though, they will be a bit cheaper because it isn't peak season but still really warm.

3. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I am biased on fall travels. I visited Denmark in September last year and it was awesome! The weather was perfect and we had a blast! I decided to visit Berlin on my own afterwards, but the weather didn't last. So it was cold, rainy and damp. I felt quite depressed to be honest, so I decided to go back home earlier than planned. But I haven't given up yet! I hope I manage to get enough money to visit Lyon in September and possibly Geneva. I will see. :)

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fall is a great time to travel as the school holidays are over. However, I quickly learned about holidays such as Columbus Day and Veterans Day which affects the fares on trains and buses and also hotel rates. ( I am British, traveling around the USA)

Of course there is Thanksgiving too, so I try to work my travels outside these peak times or book early as many places are closed or services are limited depending on the state!

5. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    While we appreciate and share your enthusiasm about waterfalls, I'm afraid you missed the gist of this thread. The author of the topic wanted to know whether or not you like to travel during fall. By fall, he meant the season between summer and winter. While most people travel during the summer, some prefer autumn/fall. He is asking about possible advantages and disadvantages relating travel in autumn.

6. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    No, I prefer traveling in the winter or summer. However, money-wise, the fall is the best choice. Since people don't tend to go places during this time period, there's lots of sales. Plan tickets aren't nearly as expensive. Other times of the year, you have to book flights way in advance to get a sale and then deal with huge crowds.

7. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I like to travel in the fall, but before November. That is because the leaves are changing, everyone is back at school and work, prices are down before the holiday season, it is still nice and cool before it gets terribly cold. I love it, I think it is the most perfect time to travel.

8. donding

dondingNew Member

Threads:
    Making trips during the fall is really great. The weather is generally much more pleasant, the crowds at the touristy places are smaller, and there are also lots of discounts available. And service industry workers seem to be more friendly when they aren't so busy. It's a great time to be outside as a tourist!

9. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    I really like travelling during the feeling because it's my passion and have an interest in it that during the feeling I must have planned to go for the trip to any snow falling place..

10. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    I love to travel during the fall. I think it is a most magnificent time of the year. I always try to must make a trip during snow fall. Recently I have come from boston to washington dc tours and now I will plan my next tour during snow fall. Last year I visited some regions of China and now I am making a plan to go to Shimla. It is located in India. I have already heard a lot about it. I am sure I will enjoy this trip.