Do You Like To Travel During The Holidays?

Discussion in Travel started by luri • Dec 20, 2017.

1. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    Seriously, I'm not the traveling kind of person, but I do make sure to always travel every Christmas seasons to have a good family reunion with my grandparents in the village. I simply can't stay a whole year without going to the village on Christmas period to be with them.

Personally, I enjoy the company of old grandparents because they are very great with history story telling and I do enjoy that.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Like you said you throw parties for underprivileged members of the society to give them a treat and see the joy on their face. I was invited by some of my friends for Christmas Eve party as usual every year. By the way, we do the same on our festivals like Diwali etc although we do not invite underprivileged members of the society to our house but provide them with food and other necessary items in their place. We also visit in groups to old-age homes and provide them with sweets and fruits. I agree the joy on their face gives a heavenly satisfaction which is more than anything else.

3. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have been doing this since 1998, There was one I organised way back when I was in the Metro. There I invited orphans and kids from the Society we were staying They took care of these orphans in a nice way. Some events have been at our place but some at other locations including their own institute and a beach resort, I have done enough for me and now it is time to do something for others

4. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    It's all about being in charge of how we run the season of Christmas. I mean that traveling on holidays can be expensive, but if we could be able to manage the way we spend during that period, then we are on our way to having a better celebration of Christmas.

5. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    To each their own. But I still feel Christmas is a family event where all friends and family visit each other and even get together for parties and stuff. I have always kept up Christmas and in the last few years I invite the less privileged and give them a good time.

6. eminem77

eminem77New Member

Threads:
    For me, I think this is not a good idea. Aside from expensive flights, time spending travelling cannot be enjoyed during holidays and I know this is the peak season for delayed flights, LOL!

7. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes i do!! I am one from the million who loved to make their festival more special with friends or family. I never traveled alone. Although i am the person who always look forward for a best destination for coming up festivals.

8. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I do not prefer spending much on traveling and such things.