Do You Like To Wear Hoodies?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Feb 11, 2015.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You must be living in an exclusive neighborhood for that trivial rule to be accepted as a legitimate law? Over here, there is no discrimination against people who wear hoodies. I actually saw a man wearing a hoodie yesterday as he was walking on the street, and it was a sunny day and not cold at all! :eek: It's either he feels cold, or he uses the hoodie to cover his face from the sun. Come to think of it, a hoodie can also function as an umbrella. :D

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't live in London. I live in a much smaller burrow of the UK. But I do remember hearing on the news about them putting this rule into practice a few years back. No. I don't think that it is a like a legitimate rule, but certain shopping centers prohibit the use of hoodies. Perhaps that guy you saw was trying to lose weight. I had a friend who would wear as many layers of clothes possible, in the sun, in order to lose weight. It worked lol.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, if it's effective and it really deters shoplifters and criminals, then they should pat themselves on the back for prohibiting it. The man's back was all I saw, and he seemed to be a thin guy based on his silhouette, so I guess it's either he wants to lose more weight or he used it to shield himself from the sun. :cool:

4. DreekLass

Threads:
    I have no idea if the prohibiting of hoodies actually reduces crime or shoplifting. I have seen no stats. They did not put this into practice purely for shoplifting, but for all crime, I think. This was years ago now though, so I may be a little fuzzy on the details ;) Normal people just use sun tan lotion lol.

5. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I've never been a hoodie wearer casually. I've worn it when training for sport. But if I want to stay warm I'll wear something else. Maybe I'm a snob but the trashy connotation of hoodies never works for me.

6. selina

selinaMember

Threads:
    Yes I like to wear Hoodies and Hoodies have hoods and pockets where sweaters don't. So my first choice between Hoodies and Sweaters is Hoodies, in winter season it's also smart idea to wear Hoodies instead of jackets which are not as warm as hoodies.

7. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    It all depends on my outfit for the day. If it is cold, then I am always going to end up wearing a hoodie. However, I wear hoodies just for style most of the time. I suggest stores such as H&M and Pacsun.

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I do wear hoodies and I do when I work out and I simply want to drip myself into sweat. I also used them when it's cold or when I'm anxious. I like their soft and comforting feel. When it's cold it just feels like I'm naked, same when I feel anxiety. And to relieve that being not comfortable I wear hoodies. And I really like them.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well.. suntan lotion costs money, while wearing a hoodie is free, so I think a hoodie is heaven sent for a cheapskate to protect himself from the sun's rays! :D

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    Hahaha!!! True. I am going to wear hoodies from now on, as opposed to wearing sun tan lotion, just because it is cheaper lol. I actually do not own more than one hoodie, and I don't like the way that it compliments - or doesn't - my frame, so I refrain from wearing it a lot of the time, unless it is really cold.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Also, over here, during the noon and afternoon, I see a lot of people walking with umbrellas over their heads. That's another free way to shield yourself from the sun! I never bothered to carry one though, I think it's a hassle.

And hoodies aren't really flattering to the figure if you're a slender girl, but for the overweight girls, it makes them look thinner, so I guess it depends on the person wearing it. :D

12. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hoodies still seem to be "in" around here, especially with the young people. I wear one that is actually a jacket when it's cold. I wear it over another shirt or under a coat and around the house a lot. Why waste energy and money turning up the heat when I can slip on a hoodie?

I'm not shy about wearing one in public though, if it keeps me comfortable. I really prefer full-zip hoodies to the pullover type though. I don't like the pullovers at all, but the younger people seem to like those, especially if they have logos and such on them.

13. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never been a fan of the hoodie. Even when they were fashionable, and everyone was wearing them, I couldn't be bothered joining in. I simply don't like a piece of fabric hanging down at the back of my neck.
    But, admittedly, once I was extremely glad when a friend lent me his his shirt with a hoodie during a camping trip when it got very cold at night.

14. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    Aside from wearing hoodies when it is cold, the casual wear tops that have slinky hoodies are fashionable to me. I guess it is the way they hang and they are soft and comfortable. I mean, I would not wear them every day, but when the occasion fits, I like to sport them.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Speaking of young people, I guess only the young people can actually wear them, don't you think? Because I haven't seen a middle aged person or even a senior citizen wearing a hoodie, at least, over here. I also prefer the full-zip hoodies, because you can still open it and wear something underneath, similar to a cardigan.

16. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I love wearing hoodies during winter season. All my jackets have hoodies. They are handy during winter wherein the weather becomes unpredictable. They keep me warm and protects me from the rain and the cold strong winds. For casual wear, I don't wear a hoodie cause I don't feel comfortable wearing it and to me it seems that people will keep staring at me and will perhaps mistaken me for a criminal or shop lifter, lol!!

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    Do they?? I have heard of such a trend, but I have never actually seen it happen over here. I know that Michael Jackson used to use an umbrella to shield himself from the sun, due to his skin condition.

As far as hoodies go, I find women who wear them quite sexy?? Slender girls who wear hoodies are sexy. Or at least the whole look is sexy to me.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yup, I live in the Philippines, so it's not really cold over here during the noon and afternoons. I think over there it's still feels like you're in an air-conditioned room except for the summer months when you go outside? Some people are also afraid of the sun, since some can be quite conscious of getting dark, because fair-complexion is the preferred complexion over here.

Yeah, it does look sexy, but for me only if the person is attractive to begin with, or if they have that "sporty appeal". :D Because my neighbor always wears hoodies and she looks ok, she's definitely not ugly, but I certainly don't find her sexy. :p

19. DreekLass

Threads:
    Some days it is so windy?? It's not even cold. It is just really windy, which gives the impression that it is freezing. It's hard to explain lol. I hate those evenings where no matter what you do it is still hot though. Even turning the fan on does not help!! Yeah, I know a few people who do not like to go out into the sun because they like that vampire look lol. They must get their vitamin D from other sources :)

Hahaha!!!! I bet she is sexy and you are just missing it :p

20. DAngelo_Pugh

DAngelo_PughNew Member

Threads:
    Hoodies are great. They look cool and they keep you warm, especially your head. My favorite brands for hoodies would be Nike and Ralph Lauren Polo, but honestly I'd wear any hood as long as it looks good on me.