Do You Like To Wear Short Shorts?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Mar 26, 2015.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the past year or two, I have noticed that it has become a fad over here for females to wear short shorts, (in replacement of capri's and skinny jeans which are now fading) and since I live in a tropical country, people can wear them all year round. Every female who is gutsy enough to wear them come in different shapes and sizes, and sometimes some girls have really large legs, and they seem to want to show those bulky pair of legs off. :D

Since my dressing style is rather sporty, I don't wear those kind of shorts, in fact I would be very uncomfortable walking around in them outside of our house. I can't open my legs wide when I want to when I'm sitting in a bench or something. :D

So my question would be, do you like wearing them as part of your fashion statement or casual attire?

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't, I don't even wear long shorts. I lost the nerve once my mom was not there to tell me to wear them. I won't go shorter than capri, and have been known to wear long pants even in 90 degree weather if pants are required for the activity. I typically just wear skirts that are about mid-calf, that way I feel covered, shaded, but still cool. I do not like feeling on display. People have told me I have nice legs since I was a girl, and I don't like that, I want to keep them hidden.

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I think women wearing short shorts has been a trend for a long time. Not exactly new. As a male, I like to wear medium length shorts. The tiny shorts went out of style for men sometime in the 80's. Thankful for that as I don't find them attractive whatsoever. I don't mind short shorts on women though at all.

4. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a problem with short shorts. I don't even have a problem with me wearing short shorts. Other people, however, shouldn't have to look at me in short shorts, lol. I will wear them around the house, though... As long as they aren't jean.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never liked shorts. Even as a kid you couldn't get me into them. I always felt too exposed and uncomfortable in them. On the beach I like to wear a light beach dress or a sarong. You won't even see me in shorts around the house. I simply don't like the look or feel of them.

6. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    My wife wears short shorts when she's at home so I don't have a problem with them. Where I live, short shorts are as perennial as the grass. :)

7. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I always wear short shorts in the summer and have been doing so for 15 years. I think they are cute and feminine. @sidney@sidney do you always spread your legs wide open when you are sitting down? I would think that's a no go for a woman in shorts, a skirt, pants or anything for that matter.

8. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear them round the house or on vacation but not to the grocery store or anything like that. I don't like to display my scrawny legs to the world. They look like sticks. I did when I was a lot younger but I'm 38 now so feel far too old to be wearing them in public.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think in the US that's been around for a long time, but over here, it recently just started. Normally if girls want to wear short clothing, they wear a mini-skirt, and I rarely see mini-shorts. But now, everywhere I go I see a lot of girls wearing mini-shorts and less skinny jeans wearers. The 80's mini-shorts for men are definitely not attractive at all. At least cargo shorts and jersey shorts were a step towards a better fashion sense for men.

Ah, not really wide like the way men spread their legs. I like to sit cross legged (female version) so sitting like that in shorts is not really appropriate. Sometimes when I ride a public vehicle you're required to sit across people, so sitting with that tiny piece of clothing is just inviting people to check out what's in between. Over here I am annoyed that my male family members always look at "that" area when I am simply sitting in the sofa wearing knee length shorts, so I know better not to invite such glances. :mad:

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In any event, I am not really a shorts person? I feel like I should wear them more often when I exercise.
    , because my legs really get sweaty and hot, and it makes for some pretty uncomfortable working out. However, I do not feel comfortable in shorts - of any length - never mind short shorts.

11. Nancy Richter

Nancy RichterNew Member

Threads:
    I don't Know which types Short Shorts please share image I want to see. I am Wearing some time ago but not in that time

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am also like that, when I used to jog I was also wearing shorts, but knee length shorts. If you don't like shorts of any length, then I think you're comfortable wearing pants?

Here is what I'm referring to, but it could be a few inches longer than the one in the pic:

tn_girl-in-tiny-jean-shorts.

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd rather shave my head bald than wear super short shorts. I mean, what's the point of wearing one? I might as well wear my underwear in public, right? Isn't the purpose of wearing clothes to protect our body from harmful elements? Since short shorts basically defeat the purpose of wearing shorts, I'd rather not wear them - unless of course I'd be going to the beach.

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say short shorts are NOT for me, only because of my figure. I have generous curves that I don't want on show LOL Women of all shapes and sizes wear them, but I honestly don't think they suit everyone. The girl in the picture looks gorgeous in them. I have no problem with women wearing them as long as it looks good.

15. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I occasionally wear capri style bottoms to work out, often wear long skirts (between knee and ankle length) because they're great in hot weather AND cold weather and are comfy, and jeans if the weather or activity requires them.

I save short shorts for on the beach OR as invisible accessories under a skirt when doing activities that I don't strictly trust myself not to accidentally flash my underwear. Example: riding my bike I will wear a mid-length skirt OVER short shorts. I'll do the same at an amusement park. I do wear short-shorts alone on the beach or for water sports if the weather is really hot. I'm curvy. I have hips and thighs and despite regular exercise, I am not built like a barbie so I'm not super comfortable with wearing short-shorts but sometimes the weather or activity just works better with them.

16. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I might reconsider my stance on short shorts if I could tan. I have Scottish blood in me so I have never been any darker than ghost white.

17. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Miss Cara is looking mighty scrumptious there lol. What were we talking about again? :p

I have to wear skin tight pants, but they have to be thin, because if they are too hot in any way, then I am going to be very uncomfortable working out. And it's not like I'm at home either, where I can react to the discomfort in any way that I please. I'd be in public, where I have to keep up social norms and customs lol.

18. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Was it just me or is this all anyone could think of?

19. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I have no problem with women wearing short shorts, whether it look good on them or not. I've seen girls wearing very short shorts that it leaves so little for imagination. I don't wear it and don't have plans to wear it in the future. I don't think I would feel very comfortable with it knowing that half of my body is almost naked. I don't have the guts and courage to parade my legs in public. I only wear knee length short when I am at home.

20. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really don't see a problem with people wearing short shorts. I think people can be too much of a prude not to be rude or anything. It does kinda defeat the purpose of clothes if they're real short but people will wear what they wear you know. That being said I don't like to have too many short shorts. I have only one pair of booty shorts and that's only because that's the only type the beach had. I try to avoid wearing them out unless it's a hot night and I'm walking the dogs. I've been told I have nice legs and butt but I don't like to attract attention.