Do You Like To Wear Short Shorts?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Mar 26, 2015.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ahaha, seems like you got a bit distracted over there! :D And is her name really "Miss Cara" or it's like the equivalent of "Miss Thang" in the US?

Skin tight pants like leggings? I think they tend to be uncomfortable too since it seems to really cling to your legs, and I like my skin to breathe, so I never bought one. I assume you would feel like you have a wedgie when you wear them. :eek: I think "medium" skinny jeans are ok though.

I am pretty sure that's how all guys would feel towards women wearing short shorts. :D

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hahaha!! Her name is Cara Delvine. I'm not sure if I spelled her last night right, but you get the picture :) Saying Miss, followed by the object's name, is a term of endearment that people in the gay community often use to address others. I'm from the UK, but so many American reality TV shows air over here, that we were bound to adopt the language lol.

And leggings are great. I don't know of leggings that are uncomfortable in that sense. The ones that I wear are very thin, and flexible!! You can move in any way that you'd like. I see many women going to the gym in leggings. My sister wears them also, and they come in really colorful colors, which is a plus lol.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is that Cara Michelle Rodriguez's gf? Cara Delavingne. She looks better with her eyes closed. :D I didn't know that the gay community has that word as a slang! I guess if it's a guy, then it's "Mister", right?

I guess leggings are indeed comfortable if it's flexible. After all it is quite popular now. I wonder what will be the next replacement after leggings? Skinny jeans are now losing it's popularity. I have a bunch of flared pants that I have not worn since it got out of style. I hope it will make a come back!

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if they are still together or not, but I have seen pictures of them hanging out, or all over each other, yes lol. Miss isn't really slang, as much as calling people Miss (followed by something else) is. It is usually followed by a term of endearment or something derogatory. No, for guys, it is ESPECIALLY Miss ;)

I really don't know if flared pants will come back. Skinny fit pants are the only pants that seem to be acceptable these days, and people that don't wear them often look outdated lol. But to each their own.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't know if they are still together, but if you google the photo when they were watching an NBA game and they were all over each other, Miguel Cotto and his son seems to be annoyed by it, lol. :D
    According to Zac Efron, she is the reason why they didn't work out.

Yes, I noticed that only short shorts or anything fitted are the mainstream outfit now, but since skinny jeans is almost dead, and it was replaced by leggings and short shorts, for sure there will be another replacement for it. I wonder what it is. I still see capri's being worn though.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I do wear short shorts, whether I'm just at home, going to the mall, or hanging out at other public places. It's really comfortable. Since I'm living in a tropical country, I guess it's just fine to wear them. I rarely put on jeans now, actually.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love the look of short shorts, but i cannot wear them myself. I feel too self-conscious about my legs. They are "fat" and thick, so I don't think short shorts will look good on me. I prefer them a little bit longer.
    I do, however, think they look adorable in leaner girls with thin and long legs!

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually see some obese women wear short shorts. I'm loving the confidence of those teens and women. :) I'm also just comfortable with knee length shorts when I'm outside, especially when I'm just going out to buy something and wearing pants seems to "formal".

9. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do like to wear short shorts but I don't wear them right now and it's been a long time since I have. Summer time is perfect for wearing short shorts because it's so hot outside. I'll be getting new clothes for me soon so I may just buy myself a pair of short shorts.

10. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Hah, no way in hell! I'm plus size, so I would have killer chub rub if I wore short shorts! I wear mostly bermuda's, since they hit just above my knees. I don't generally wear ANYTHING shorter then knee length.

11. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I do like the way I look in short shorts, but I tend to prefer mini skirts or dresses. I have to be more careful in skirts or dresses, especially on breezy days, but I find them more comfortable than short shorts. Those look good, but I just feel like they’re constantly giving me wedgies, especially denim short shorts. Come to think of it, the only use I’ve really found for them is distracting people, haha.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good observation on the wedgies. The skimpier and shorter the shorts, the tighter the wedgie, lol. Also, if you will sit on something made of leather when it's hot, then the sweat will easily be visible. But if people are comfortable with it, then good for them.

13. LeopardJones

Threads:
    Oh gosh, yes to the leather seats thing. I’ve definitely made the mistake of wearing super skimpy short shorts and not remembering I’d have to sit in a leather seat at some point. Most recently was when I was dating a guy who: 1) had a van with leather seats, 2) took a couple of the seats out of said van to furnish his house until he could buy a proper couch. Cue much discomfort and awkward shuffling from me, haha.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, for uncertain situations, then you could just try wearing knee-length shorts? I tend to wear them now since it's summer.

15. LeopardJones

Threads:
    I’ve thought about getting a pair or two of knee-length shorts. I just never seem to be able to find a pair that fits my style. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, haha. Knee-length skirts may also work for me.

Funny enough, it's raining a lot lately where I live, so super-short anything is out of the question at the moment!

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the garterized loose shorts are for those occasions where you will just stroll within your neighborhood. The ones that are made of denim and are good for more "formal" trips, like going to the mall. Those plaid knee-length shorts are cute too, you might wanna check them out.

17. adana36

adana36New Member

Threads:
    I like short shorts very much, they are very suitable for summer days. For me, the denim type is more lovely and chic. like this one which I bought from nextsheuk, a bit rippled. The fact is I like such style. Denim shorts are easy to match with some tees and crop tops.
    light-blue-high-waist-three-buttons-bleached-ripped-denim-shorts-22001528-525x700-1.

18. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hehe missbishi, some people would kill for those scrawny legs, whatever their age LOL Some would even argue it's the women with scrawny legs who have the license to expose their butt cheeks, as opposed to the ones we often see whose bodies just aren't designed for that sort of thing!

19. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I usually wear them around the house under a really long shirt and most of the time my mom doesn't even know if I am wearing shorts or not, lol
    I have never really worn them outside of the house, even though that is what they are supposed to be used for as they are workout/running shorts.
    I try not to make it look like I am coming out of the house with no pants on because most of my shirts are long and would cover them.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So those are the rippled shorts? They look ok, but I wonder if the ripple style will make your legs feel more constricted? I like the folded design on the hem though.