Do You Like Yogurt?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by hayrake • May 7, 2015.

1. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's OK. I often use natural yogurt in recipes, particualrly Indian food but I rarely buy flavoured yogurts at all. I don't find them particularly satisfying. There are some fantastic low-fat options for people who are dieting though.

2. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I really like yogurt. The best thing to add to it is granola. I don't eat it a lot. I go to college so the pickings are slim, but when I'm in the dining hall in the morning getting breakfast, I will get yogurt when I'm feeling in the mood to eat it. We buy a lot of it in my family, so when I come home I will eat it more. I try to eat healthy, but that doesn't always happen. So when I do eat healthy that is one way I try to be healthy.

3. seatones

seatonesNew Member

Threads:
    For some reason, I've never been able to get that into it. I've never been able to put my finger on why that is too! I don't have a problem with the consistency or what it's made from either. It could have something to do with the brands I've tried, or maybe I had a bad batch as a kid which scarred me from liking it. If anyone out there has a particular brand or flavor they recommend, I would be open to trying it. I know there are health benefits to yogurt that I'm missing out on!

4. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I really love it. I use it for food dressing but most of the time I eat it on it's own. There are many flavors available in the market. I love strawberry and their blueberries and banana. I always buy lots of it with different flavors since almost everybody in the house love it.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like yogurt, not that greek thick which is suppose to be so good for you but it is so thick I don't like the feel of it in my mouth. I don't drink milk, I eat my cereal with yogurt and often eat cereal and yogurt for dinner or a snack.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't absolutely love the taste of yogurt but I have it for breakfast usually for the convenience.
    I do prefer Greek yogurt and will usually get the low fat ones. I'll only have it for breakfast because I like having a quick to go breakfast at work, so I'll bring them from home.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I like yogurt alright, I guess I have to be in the right mood for it. And I'm not really a fan of plain yogurt or greek yogurt- I tend to go for either the fruited kind and/or put it into smoothies/popsicles/etc.

8. missfortune81

missfortune81Member

Threads:
    I dont really enjoy any of the sweet, fruity yogurts. I do like plain Greek yogurt for it's sour, savory flavor. I can eat it plain or as a replacement for sour cream or mayonnaise.

I love to make mashed potatoes, tacos,pasta salads, and even mac and cheese with Greek yogurt.

9. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    I eat yoghurt every day but with the top creamy layer removed. Yoghurt is naturally good and helps multiply helpful bacteria in the gut. I eat plain yoghurt without any added sugar. You can enjoy it better if taken straight from your freezer and consumed immediately.

10. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    My kids are crazy about yogurts. Whenever I buy them and come home they are empty so fast.
    I love yogurt myself, especially, the ones that have fibre in it or the ones that are really creamy.
    About a year ago I have fallen in love with this type of plain yogurt that has some glucose in it. What I would do is pour it in a bowl and slice bananas and mix it all up. It is so yummy!

11. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    Eh, not really. I used to, but I cut dairy out and I dislike all of the non-dairy yogurts I've found so far. I like frozen yogurt (vegan) though ;)

12. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    I just saw your message in my mailbox and landed straight here. Well, Yoghurt is healthy and tasty, no wonder your kids like it the most.

However, you don't have to buy it. You can add a couple of tablespoons(depending how sour you want it) to boiled, cooled milk and keep it overnight. (You should not refrigerate it, though). On the next morning, you will have a fresh, yummy yoghurt with a thick creamy layer over it. (You can do it over and over again and every day.)

Your home made curd(as it is called in some countries) is more healthy and cheaper than what you buy from outside. Cheers!

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I LOVE yoghurt, all types of yogurt; flavoured or not. There used to be a time when I'd have a small pot of yoghurt for breakfast most days. But lately, I've had to cut back because I feel like dairy products bloat me up! I've switched to soya ones, but it's not quite the same. So I don't eat it as often as I used to.

14. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I like Oikos greek yogurt. I am type II Diabetic and have to be watchful about blood sugar spikes. Oikos keeps my blood sugar steady as it contains so much protien. And, it is yummy!

15. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I love yogurt. I especially like Greek yogurt and yogurt drinks. The only kind of yogurt I don't buy is ones with fruit on the bottom. I like it already mixed together. I also buy ones with sugar and not artificial sweeteners. I buy the yogurt tubes and freeze them and give them to my kids instead of freezies. A much healthier option. I also put yogurt in popsicle moulds and they eat them like popsicles. You can save a lot of money doing this and it's so much better for your kids. I use yogurt as the base of my fruit smoothies too. It gives them a nice consistency and texture. I like to buy yogurt at Costco, I know you get a pack of 24 buy it does keep in the fridge and with 2 kids we go through it quickly. Buying yogurt in bulk does save money.

16. surlaw

surlawMember

Threads:
    Agreed. I didn't really like yogurts before I went vegan, so I'm not sure why I thought I would like non-dairy yogurts any better. Nevertheless, I tried them, and they really weren't all that good. I don't know if it was just because I'm not a yogurt person or if they're really just bad. I don't think I've ever had vegan frozen yogurt! Do you go to a specific frozen yogurt place where you live or can you buy it in store?

I think the closest think I've ever had to that is the So Delicious mock ice-cream made from almond milk.

17. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    Ugh yes, I love yogurt! I used to eat a bunch of the sugary ones that are like two for one dollar at the store, but recently I've just started buying tubs of vanilla yogurt and granola and berries and enjoy it for breakfast. Yogurt is probably my favorite breakfast food. I also like eating it as a snack throughout the day, it feels healthy while at the same time delicious. From reading these posts, I am intrigued about making your own yogurt. It sounds like something I should try doing...

18. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I used to make my own yogurt. I had bought a yogurt maker, but it really wasn't worth it to me considering yogurt is fairly cheap here in the United States. Now, I only eat Greek yogurt. I love the thicker, richer consistency. There are a few flavors that are fabulous as lower calorie dessert alternatives for me, like anything caramel or cheesecake flavored.

19. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    I like the one called Danissimo. It's produced by Danone, as far as I remember. Not sure if it's available worldwide. But I hope it is. There are so many different tastes. I like the one with a cherry and chocolate mix. I can eat them a lot without getting sick of it.

20. shcoo

shcooMember

Threads:
    I love yogurt. My favorite flavors are banana cream pie and blueberry, and my favorite brands are Yoplait and Noosa. I frequently mix it in plain Cheerios for breakfast or have it as a healthy snack. The texture is also a good satisfier for my cravings for sugary puddings.