Do you listen to music when you cook?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by pennylane • Oct 9, 2014.

1. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I like to listen to upbeat music while I'm in the kitchen. Sometimes I listen to the news on tv in the other room but I find that a little too distracting.

What about you?

2. Muraki

MurakiNew Member

Threads:
    Cooking with music is a must for me.

It depends on my mood though. I'm not fixed on one type of music every time, so if I'm happy it has to be uplifting music but if I'm sad the onions aren't going to be the only thing that are going to make me cry, if you know what I mean. ;) My favorite music would be Japanese Kpop or Jpop music, but I like the classical too. That is only my favorite, but in general I like all types of music if they suit my mood at the moment.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the background noise of the television when I cook as music relaxes me and I like to sit and enjoy it. Some people like the radio or music, but I find cooking relaxing and don't like to get disturbed. The television is like white noise for me, but also a great way for me to keep an eye on the time and how long I need to cook something or switch off the oven.

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I listen to music, sometimes I listen to internet shows, sometimes lectures, and sometimes I don't. It's all determined of my mood and if I am cooking something fast or slow. But mostly, I listen to music whenever I do cooking, because it helps passes the time and keeps me motivated to continue what I need/want to do.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't cook very often, but when I do I like to have some sort of background entertainment going on. That doesn't necessarily come in the form of music. Music isn't engaging enough for me, and I still seem to get bored. I like to watch TV shows that don't require too much attention? Like, I'll download cartoons off of Youtube or something like that, and allow episodes to play whilst I cook.

6. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I like upbeat music or old TV shows playing in the background while I cook. Not much for a lot of talking though. Being able to control what is around me makes for a pleasurable cooking experience. Obviously, I don't have kids LOL.:D

7. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’ve listened to music while cooking, but usually it’s just the TV in another room as background noise. I’m much more inclined to listen to music while baking. Not sure why that is. Maybe it’s because I like to stir or complete other tasks along to a rhythm. Or maybe because I like to dance along a little bit and burn off a few calories?

8. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like listening to music as a whole, but when I cook, I sometimes listen to jazz or classical music. :) Whenever I listen to any of this genre, I feel more relaxed. So, I believe that whatever I make tastes a whole lot better.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Music is all around me all day, every day! From the time that I get up, to the time I crawl into bed; I have music playing! I love music and couldn't go a day without it. The only time I'm not listening to music is when I'm in bed, getting ready to sleep.

10. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    All. The. Time. I've found it actually helps me get things done like prepping, measuring, or organizing a lot quicker. Maybe I'm keeping speed with the tempo of the music I'm listening to. Maybe I should listen to more dub step while I cook?

11. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    I do love a bit of music when I cook, yesterday whilst I was making a roast dinner I was listening to Imelda May "More Mayhem" and I think today it will be more of an ABBA feel in the air! It was Space whilst I was making my breakfast, quite loud as I know all of my neighbours are out!

12. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I listen to music while cooking or doing any other chore around the house. I literally can't bring myself to do anything productive around the house if there's no music playing. It just makes everything more fun and it feels like you're just enjoying yourself instead of doing something relatively boring.

13. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I used to love listening to music when I cooked because I would sing along with them, but now its a completely different story. Who needs music when you can sing on your own? I usually sing religious songs on my own. ^.^' Not only that, but sometimes I'll pretend like I'm on my own cook show and recite what I'm doing. Heck, what else can be done when you're cooking? Haha, nothing very productive really.

14. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I cook I usually have my headphones in listening to either a podcast or music. It makes cooking seem not so boring and time consuming. When you are in the kitchen at a hour or two at times. You need something to keep you from pulling the hair out.