Do you listen to music when you sleep?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by ozadin • Jun 9, 2013.

1. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm usually the one that likes quietness when I sleep, so I don't listen to music while I sleep. I have tried it before, with a radio and some earbuds but it didn't work out for me. It took me about 1-2 hours for me to actually fall asleep and when I woke up the next morning, my earbuds were tied around my waist. I'm a really bad sleeper so that's another reason why I don't listen to music when I sleep. How about you guys? Does it help you sleep?

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Not music, but I do listen to a talk radio station through the night. I started when I was sent to live with my father who would listen to this radio station through the night and it is something that I have continued to do, I can't sleep if I don't have a radio to listen to my station with. I'm going away at the end of this month and the first thing I wanted to know if does the room have a radio in or WiFi so I can listen to the talk station during the night. :)

LBC it is called. :)

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did when I was a teen.. every night I'd have metal or grunge blasting in my ears and yet I'd still manage to sleep lol. In fact, I probably had music playing about 98% percent of my day, every day.. it was constant. I've always needed something on to fall asleep to.. these days I prefer the tv. The soft light and a faint sound are perfect for me.

4. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    Sometimes I will listen to music to help me sleep yes. Often though, I will fall asleep with the music still playing and it is a very uncomfortable sleep. I of course wake up not long after though and try to get back to sleep.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was in college, I used to listen to music before sleeping. I often imagined that I was a rock star and sang along to the music. I had no computer and no cell phone at the time so all I could do was listen to music. Now though, I'm just able to listen to music when I'm traveling. I no longer listen to music before I sleep. I browse the internet until I'm very very sleepy.

6. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I love to listen to very soft and classical music before I fall asleep.
    It's just so soothing and calming to me that its become a habit of mine. I also noticed how I sleep much better even if it does work like a placebo I surely love the effects of it.
    I also love listening to the noises of rain before I sleep or while I sleep.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer complete silence when I sleep, but sometimes I will fall asleep in front of the TV while watching a movie. I never deliberately play music to help me sleep, though, I'd rather just be watching something if that were the case. Complete silence is still the best way to drift into sleep, in my opinion.

8. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yeah, i put some smooth jazz or some other chilling tunes, and that greatly helps me getting to sleep. One of my favorite artists is Nujabes, which i recommend greatly.

9. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I do! It helps me have a good sleep. But I don't listen to the usual pop songs. I listen to binaural beats like they're focused more on the frequency to help you achieve good sleep like would make you feel like you slept for more than 10 hours when you just really had 4 to 5 hours of sleep.

10. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    Yeah I love to listen to music while I go for sleep. I feel it to be very relaxing and pleasing. :) I will hear my favorite :)

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I had some bad experiences years ago with some really noisy neighbors that were keeping me up all night. As a result, I started to become paranoid about not being able to get to sleep, because it seemed that the moment I laid down their ruckus would start up. The only thing that would help to keep me from getting so irritated with them would be to try and mask out their noise by leaving my TV on. It seemed to help out better as opposed to trying to wear earplugs - which were uncomfortable and I could still hear the noise through them. I still often leave my TV on when sleeping. I know it's not ideal, but it's better than not getting any sleep at all.

12. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I don't listen to music when I sleep. I find that listening to white noise helps me sleep. I like the sound of waves or the sound of rain while I am sleeping. White noise is very calming and relaxing. White noise works very well for my newborn also. I use white noise every night to help get my baby to sleep.

13. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    Back in High School, I cannot sleep when I dont have Blink 182 or Sum 41 playing in my ipod.

Now, I just want pure silence unless Blink 182 or Sum 41 is what I hear.

14. jericjames10

jericjames10Member

Threads:
    I don't use to listen to music while sleeping.

15. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Sure, I put on the earbuds and set my playlists to repeat a couple of times then I roll over and see about getting to sleep. I'm an insomniac (over 20 years and counting) so this is just the way I am.

16. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I use to like to listen to music before bed but it keeps me up more lately so just have now opted to go to sleep without any music. I fall asleep pretty quickly without it.

17. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Music always helps me sleep but it has to be soothing and soft.

18. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    I don't listen to music while I sleep usually but I don't like complete silence. I usually fall asleep with the TV on turned down very low. Or sometimes I put on a noise machine with the sound of rain or the ocean playing. I also usually have a fan going all night long so that even if I turn off the TV or the noise machine I still have something going on. If I'm sleeping in complete silence then the slightest little noise will wake me up. I need something to drown out other noises!

19. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I do, but it can be quite distracting for me to fall asleep...seems like it keeps my mind too active.

20. A.Pneuma

A.PneumaMember

Threads:
    no ,definitely not. don't u think it too noisy?