Do you listen to music when you sleep?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by ozadin • Jun 9, 2013.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Your earbuds were tied to your waist? Good thing that they didn't get broken, like the sound disappeared, because the cord got yanked and twisted. Anyway, I never listen to music with the intent of it lulling me to sleep, I just close my eyes, and after a few minutes I'm asleep already.

2. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I have fallen asleep listening to music many times, but sometimes it can wake me up again during the night, which I don't like because it can be hard to get back to sleep again. I have an MP3 player that powers down after a while and I have used that to help me wind down and fall asleep on occasion, but most times I don't need it.

3. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    No, I can't listen to music when I sleep, I used to always listen to the radio years ago, but I find as I have gotten older I am a much lighter sleeper. My husband loves listening to music whilst he sleeps and it does his head in that I don't these days :D

4. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I used to listen to music when I slept but found that I didn't get a good night's rest. I stopped listening to music during my sleep when I was 16. I've slept better since I stopped. I can't imagine that anyone gets a solid night's sleep in anything but silence unless they are listening to some really soothing sounds or possibly classical music.

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to listen to music before sleeping, otherwise I have a problem falling asleep for some reason. :) I have no idea why, I guess I just got used to it.. don't use headhpones or earbuds though, that's terribly uncomfortable. :D

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Rest in peace Nujabes. It's so sad that he got in a car crash on one of those Japanese highways where people go drift racing.
    He was only in his 30's. I liked the music he contributed to the show Samurai Champloo.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't listen to music when I sleep but sometimes I sleep with the TV on. I can sleep with a show like Seinfeld playing but not with actual music. Music wakes me up.

8. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't listen to music, but oftentimes when I do need a sleep aid, I use an app on my iPhone that produces nature sounds. There are plenty of free ones in the App store for the iPhone, and I'm sure there are similar ones for the Android and other smartphones if you have one. I avoid wearing earbuds to sleep because I get tangled up in them, too. My favorites sounds are thunderstorms, a crackling fireplace, and waves crashing on a sandy beach. I guess I've conditioned myself to these soothing sounds, so I associate them with sleep, a dark room, and bedtime. Makes it easier for me fall asleep even when I listen to those sounds at any time of the day. Hope it works for you, too, if you decide to try something like it out. Good luck!

9. Jaxter

JaxterNew Member

Threads:
    My cousin does this all the time and I always tell him how crazy he is because I am the exact opposite. I really can't take any sort of noise or distraction when I'm trying to fall asleep so listening to music would never work for me. There are certain times though when I try to combat noise with more noise. I'll have a hard time sleeping if I hear snoring so sometimes I'll plug in my music to try to fall asleep to drown out the snores. I much rather fall asleep to music than the sound of someone snoring. :p

10. Kcmoney

KcmoneyNew Member

Threads:
    I have listened to music while sleeping as I was growing up. What changed when I moved out on my own is I now watch TV while sleeping. I believe the concept is all the same, having the constant noise while sleeping so you are not scared out of your deep sleep as easily. Personally, if it was up to me I would rather listen to music because it is soothing to me and I can fall asleep a lot easier. The TV has a tendency to keep me interested and alert that I cannot fall asleep as quickly. My Fiance only wants the TV on to fall asleep to.

11. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    I use to listen to music until I fell asleep a lot when I was younger. Now that I'm older, I can appreciate the peace and quiet when I'm trying to go to sleep. Noise seems to keep me from staying asleep, I'll wake up several times in the middle of the night. I do like the sound of a fan every once in a while. It's the combination of the cool air along with the almost nonexistent hum that makes me fall asleep faster.

LOVE & DEALS
    DH:cool:

12. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    When I was younger my mother told me that I couldn't sleep without listening to music. Now that I'm older I can't believe what she's telling me because I can't sleep with music on at all. I have to sleep in complete silence; if I hear anyone talking in my house, I will tell him or her to stop. Once I'm sleeping, I'm a pretty heavy sleeper so they can put music on if they want.

13. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I used to listen to music when I sleep, but not anymore because that would drain my phone's battery fast. I usually listen to instrumental music because it's so relaxing to listen to this kind of music when I sleep. I can say I hardly listen to music nowadays because I can't find any good music, which is sad because there are so many new artiest out there that just aren't appealing to me.

14. steisehodgson

steisehodgsonMember

Threads:
    For me, listening to music makes my brain more active. I read a book, but not a boring one. A really exciting book.

15. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    It depends on the music really, and how sleepy I am. If I do then it's almost guaranteed that I'll wake up later in the night in a tangled mess of head phones, so if I'm sleepy I try not to.

16. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    Nope, I usually fall asleep watching tv lol, that's how lazy I'm getting. I can't recall falling asleep listening to music ever, it's not my thing.

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't sleep with the TV on the lights flashing keep me awake. I often will listen to music, light jazz when going to sleep but most of the time it is white noise I use to go to sleep. I run the fan in my room to block the sound of cars going up and down the street or my loud neighbors out in their yard.

18. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I would never bee able to sleep with music playing. Even if it was relaxing music. Anything more than white noise bothers me when I am trying to sleep.

19. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love listening to music when I go to bed! I don't like the tv on or anything but give me some good music and i'm out. I usually listen to Pandora on my phone as I go to bed it soothes me and I feel relaxed and fall to sleep in no time.

20. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't think I could listen to music whilst I'm trying to get to sleep anymore. I use to do this when I was a teenager and looking back I don't know how I managed to sleep through it! I would have it on really loud with my headphones on. But times have changed now and I just sleep in the dark, with no distractions. My sleep is a lot better than it was when I was a teenager, not a surprise.