Do you listen to music when you sleep?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by ozadin • Jun 9, 2013.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I use to, to help me fall asleep but now I find that it keeps me up and that once my head hit that pillow now, I'm asleep within like 20 minutes so I just opt opt to keep it off.

2. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    Sometimes I do it, but most of the time I'm so tired that I don't need music to sleep.

3. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, these days, I have to be up early for work and then don't go to sleep till quite late, so I'm usually pretty tired anyway.

4. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    No, I do not listen to music while sleeping. Actually, I need complete silence and complete darkness to fall asleep. If I am extremely tired, I can fall asleep with some background noises, but that doesn't happen very often.

5. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    You definitely have to be careful about that cord if you use headphones. I recommend just playing off your mp3 into some speakers or through a cd player. I think music can be good while sleeping depending on the type of music. I love jazz music so I oftentimes play that if any music at all. Or if I have a performance the next day I'll play the set over and over on repeat while I sleep.

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a music addict but I could never go to sleep to music on. I would be too peppy. I tried listening to the comedy station once on internet radio and even that kept me up. Gentle music like jazz or classical would bore me to the point that I start thinking too much and would also make it more difficult to sleep.

7. AliDee

AliDeeMember

Threads:
    I always listen to music before I go to bed. It has to be something chill though. I usually listen to MajesticCasual on youtube or something similar. It helps me get ready for sleep as weird as that sounds haha. It's so chill that it makes me more tired and it helps me sleep better. I don't listen to anything loud and annoying like hardstyle or EDM though. Well, sometimes I'll listen to trance. I guess it just depends on the night and the mood I'm in. I always listen to trance at night if it's raining. The sound of rain while listening to trance (Myon & Shane54) is just amazing!

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find it hard to sleep. And when I'm trying to get some sleep, any distractions from the primary goal at that time isn't welcome. Playing music therefore, would make it harder for me to get any sleep.

9. Treadlight

TreadlightMember

Threads:
    I can fall asleep with the right music, but I can't remain asleep if it's going to be continuous, like the radio for example. Nature sounds can play all night, like soft rain and not wake me up, but not music

10. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    I also like listening to binaural music or asmr, which is really soothing and very different from other kinds of music and well worth a listen to if you have good headphones.

11. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    Yes most nights I do fall asleep listening to music. As a child, my parents let us fall asleep with the TV sets on, so unfortunately that stuck with me where I can not go to bed without some form of entertainment on. But lately it's been music.

12. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    no i do not listen music when i am sleeping. i do not like music much more.

13. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I use to but now I just like my room quiet , without sound, I can rest better and it helps me clear my mind and sleep, and I feel good when I wake up.

14. Freedofwar

FreedofwarNew Member

Threads:
    hello

i love this

15. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I don't really listen to when I sleep because I tend to not actually sleep. I will dance in my mind and it keeps me from actually going to sleep. I love music so much but I hate for it to interrupt my rest.

16. WeDontSleep

WeDontSleepNew Member

Threads:
    Right before I fall asleep, I like to listen to some Nujabes, he's a Japanese DJ that, sadly, died in an automobile accident back in 2010 :( His music is my favorite, I love how calm and soothing it is. There are a few albums available and they're all worth buying.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Recently ,because I've been going through some setbacks, I've been listening to those 4 hour and 6 hour prayer videos on YouTube while I sleep.
    When things are bad, it's kind of comforting to hear a priest or pastor speaking a prayer softly while I fall asleep.

18. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I have used music to help me fall asleep, but it has to be instrumental and only music - there can't be any talking in between songs. If there is talking, it will eventually wake me up again. Sometimes though, I can't fall asleep unless there is complete silence. The same goes for going to sleep with the TV on. When you're tired, you're tired, but I'll wake up again and not be able to get back to sleep, which is not fun.

19. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer to just watch videos. Whenever I put on music to sleep it just ends up fighting against me because it causes me to think and thus it keeps me up longer. When I watch videos or tv shows I could just zone out and before I know it I am already asleep. The only downside to this is that I sometimes forget to put up the sleep timer so I usually wake up in the middle of my sleep to turn it off.

20. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I've always had to drown out some type of noise when I was younger and it's definitely translated into my adult life. I usually go to sleep with some type of sound playing, but it's not always music. Sometimes, I would go to sleep with sounds of rain of rainforest playing. Other times I would use some form of audio sleep hypnosis. They work just as well as music, and always get the job done.