Do you listen to podcasts?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Colebra • Aug 14, 2014.

1. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I almost don't watch TV these days.
    The only thing I do watch is the UFC and a couple of podcasts.
    I love them. The kind of podcasts I watch is either very funny, or has some awesome info I would never get with TV.

The ones I really follow are:

The Joe Rogan Experience

Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast

What about yourself?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of watching a Pod Cast, I have watched training webinars and listened to teleseminars but a Podcast as entertainment? I also do not look at a lot of tv because there is nothing on I want to spend my time looking at. Most of the shows I would not call entainment.

3. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard of The Joe Rogan Experience, but I have not watched it yet. The only podcasts I listen to are usually informational or educational. I hadn't really considered podcasts as entertainment, but it sounds like something I should look into. TV is becoming a vast wasteland with very little valuable content.

4. atlman

atlmanNew Member

Threads:
    At this point I think I love listening to podcasts more than watching TV. I listen to really only two of them though, and that Adam Carolla and Joe Rogan. I like them because they both give a comedic performance, but only there is a lot of educational and informative talk that they give. I literally could just lock myself in a room and listen to them and it would absolutely make my day.

5. PhilA

PhilAMember

Threads:
    We sound similar. I love MMA, and the only real TV I watch is UFC and some crime documentaries on the CI channel.

I absolutely love podcasts, I am listening to an episode of The Joe Rogan Experience as I write this! I have a boring desk job and listen to podcasts for around 5 hours a day, everyday. The most popular for me is JRE, Entrepreneur on Fire, MMA Hour, Opie and Anthony...

Podcasts make taking in information so easy and quick, the iPhone really pays for itself with this product.

6. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah dude. You are totally my long lost brother...
    I'm a sick, sick MMA fan. It's really an addiction at this point. I also train Jiu-Jitsu pretty seriously.
    And Entrepreneurship Podcasts are also one of my favorites lately. I do know of Entrepreneur on Fire, but at this point I mostly watch Smart Passive Income.

Anyway, Dad keeps asking when you are coming for dinner. Hope everything is well you with bro.

7. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I listen to podcast all the time :) My favorites are:

Stuff You Missed in History Class (if you're a history lover or find history stuff interesting this one is perfect)
    Stuff You Should Know (info and in-depth explanation of how everyday things work)
    Anything Ghost (it's a scary story and ghost story podcast from people who have first-hand experience with ghosts and other unexplained stuff)
    A veterinary podcast

I'm looking to get more though, but I have a problem with not updating my podcast for a long period of time. I should probably get into the habit of doing that before finding any other podcast :p

8. PhilA

PhilAMember

Threads:
    Haha that made me laugh. We would have to do a Q & A or something sometime to see who is the bigger MMA fan because I am a super nerd for it. I am one of these 'i'll join a class next month' guys when it comes to actually training. So props to you for hitting the mat and rolling, I'm envious.

I have listened to almost all the Smart Passive Income podcasts, I skipped a few lately though. The problem with podcasts is that it is so easy to get a massive back log if you have some subscriptions. I went on holiday for a couple of weeks not too long ano and I will probably never catch up on them all.

9. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    We should totally make that Q & A happen!
    I'm guessing I'm a little younger than you are... Not that age in itself means anything, but I bet you have far more responsabilities than I do, and that makes it harder to focus on training.
    All I do is study Internet Marketing and train... I'm really a blessed dude, blessed Human being.

I've just started listening to the Smart Passive Income, but yeah, you can't freak out because you missed a few...
    I don't even care as far as JRE and some other comics podcasts. I also listen to some of them several times (any Bill Burr stuff I'll sleep listening to it)
    But in SPI you have some precious, precious info, so I guess you'll want to soak it all up...

Very nice meeting you sir!

10. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really into podcasts but I love watching Kingsley on YouTube so I listen to Kingsley's Overexposed. I honestly didn't think I'd like him but I got more into his videos the more I watched him. I'm sure I'm in the minority tho because he and his cohost can get...um unfiltered so I know it's not for everyone.