Do You Listen To The News On Radio?

Discussion in Utilities started by remnant • Oct 17, 2016.

1. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I barely even listen to the news much less to do it on a radio. The only time I hear news on the radio is when I am travelling in a vehicle and it happens to be going on on the channel that the radio might be on. Otherwise I don't.

2. joxep

joxepNew Member

Threads:
    There is a local news program that comes on each morning that we usually listen to. It is not just a news broadcast, but more like one that also gives opinions on what is happening in the news. We actually do no listen on a real radio, technically; because we get the readily station online over the iPad, but it is the same as if we had an actual radio turned on.
    Most of the time, we watch the news on the television, and I like being able to actually see pictures when there is something like a plane crash or bad car wreck.
    Other than that, I also look on the internet for news, and I have several Youtube channels that usually have news everyday that I check out.

3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't listen to news on the radio, that's because I like visuals when it comes to news. Moreover, some newscasters make me nervous with their voice projection. You'd actually think that the Martians had landed on earth or we've been overrun by terrorists. I prefer watching news on TV or over the internet. We currently don't have a radio at home and I don't intend to buy one in the near future. I also don't want to listen to news on the go because there are other things that are more important and enjoyable than watching or listening to news.

4. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I don't listen to the radio much. In fact I don't listen to the news on radio. I rely on online newspaper for news. However, I was not like this always. In the past, when online media had not grown to this size, I used to listen to radio. Radio was my primary source of information and entertainment in the past. These days I use internet for information and entertainment.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a portable radio that I carry in my bag with me for when I ride the bus it comes in handy to keep you company, get the latest road happenings locally and some news. I don't listen to the news stations just music stations who have breaking news. If need be I go to the news station when I'm out and about with my radio, but at home I watch TV for the news. When we have electrical problems we grab our radio for the latest news too.

6. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    @remnant@remnant I used to follow news on my radio. That was way before I bought a smartphone. I neither have a tv. However, my phone keeps me updated. Twitter is my news desk. Every happening must pass through twitter or facebook. I prefer it that way. I only listen to radio when I travel up country.

#26Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
  7. Tiile23

Tiile23New Member

Threads:
    I used to listen radio news until recently. I've been quite occupied of late browsing always, searching for money. But I love listening to news on radio. It gives me feeling of citizenship. :D

8. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    I don't do it much, sometimes I'll catch some on the car. But the only time I listen to the news on the radio is when we have a storm or some other major event. I like it when they take calls from people, you get to listen to what's happening around a specific event. Other than that I get my news elsewhere.

9. Tiile23

Tiile23New Member

Threads:
    Initially, I didn't like listening to news radio until I moved in with two friends of mine where I stayed for over a year. Through them, I developed interest in listening to news radio. This is because, they frequently listened to news on radio every single day. Sometimes, we even listened to sports news on radio.

I carried this habit with me after I left there, but it was only short lived. Now am back to not listening to news on radio. However, once in a while, I do switch it on to see whether there's any news.

10. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I actually do, but it is not really something that I have done for a long time. I recently have just become used to it at work, which started as a means to avoid the loud noise, and now I like to take an hour and listen to the news, or maybe some sports talk.

11. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I like to know what is going on in the world so I do listen to the news depressing though it can be sometimes. I normally watch it on TV although sometimes I will read it online.

I remember when I was very young I could never understand why my parents wanted to listen to it as I thought it was boring. Now I have become that boring person ;) I think it's important to have a basic knowledge of current affairs.

12. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Although not all the time I still listen to the radio. Sometimes it's by means of the radio app on my mobile when outdoors. To get the news, listen to cool vibes or music in the afternoon I open the radio. I like flowing with the selections from the radio station, they've better choices of music.

13. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I listen to the news every morning for nearly 2 hours on average. It is highly effective and like you said it also saves electricity. I will help my mom with the morning chores listening to the news. So, I will finish the work as well as keep me updated. :)

14. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't do that, because I always have internet access on my phone, so I can simply look up the latest news there. We also have cable subscription, so I can also watch tv when I want to hear some news.

15. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Listening to the news to a radio is a good alternative to using the TV, I do sometimes listen to music to the radio but I prefer to watch the news on my television because it is more interesting and easy to understand it if it has images as well.

16. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I don't listen to the traditional radio. But I am saving money through listening to the radio via the phone. And this is often to keep me looped into the work. And on that basis you can see it's good to have some voice and music around. I don't like much of the news. So it can be really boring to listen to news. I'd rather just browse through the news headlines. That's something most of the people do anyways these days.

17. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Nowadays you don't a radio set to listen to your fave station. Every radio station now has their own website or an application or app to be installed to your cp and then you can tune in to them and be updated with the latest news of the day.

18. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I like to listen to the local NPR stations where I am at -and they actually have some good programs and news and the other shows like fresh air,all things considered,world cafe,the diane rehm show,thistle and shamrock,and tech nation has some good things as well. They have a separate classical station that just plays just classical music but you don't get much news on this station-but you do get some good classical music interviews though.

#38Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  19. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Not much today for our grandchildren who prefer to get updates on what's happening in and out of the country. They just rely on the TV news.

Two months ago I bought AC/DC portable radio set. I want to hear local news especially from my favorite AM radio stations anchored by my favorite radio announcer.

I also tune in to my favorite drama stations. I am engrossed to listen to the local dramatists playing their dialogues. I was used to listening to radio drama when I was a kid.

20. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I only resort to listening to my radio only when I'm out of light or electricity to operate and make use of my cable television service. Radio are portable there is no deny that. It would even save you some expenses of paying for cable subscriptions in order to have access to news since it has free access to short waves and long waves frequency modulations (AM and FM).