Do You Love Or Hate Advertisments?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by lisasian86 • Jun 4, 2016.

1. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I don't hate ads I like seeing ads because somehow they bring to my awareness the existence of certain items or better improved items in the market. I've seen that many are not false or misleading. The other thing is if the ads are becoming too frequent that could look tiring to me. I like a moderate not too frequent show of ads on sites or TVs

2. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind the TV ads because I don't watch them anyway and I would always use the time to go to the bathroom, make a call, or send a message. My buying decision is also not affected by the on air ads alone. I actually prefer reading ads on the internet as they give me a lot of time to think and absorb what they're trying to convey. What annoys me are ads that just pop up on my mobile phone or on some websites which force me watch for a few seconds before I can skip.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't see any problems with the advertisements (by the way, some of them are very good). In particular, my problem is their exaggerated amount. Everywhere, at every moment, in the most diverse forms possible... It's all so incisive that it bothers me greatly. I believe this marketing strategy must be urgently rethought.

4. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have any hatred towards advertisement for it is what the companies use to market their products to us. I mean it is always through an advertisement that the consumers get to know what those products are really meant for and the type of needs of the consumer it is going to satisfy. So, I see nothing wrong with the advertisement done by companies.

5. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I honestly think advertisements are a good thing, it just depends on the product. I for one think advertisements can offer you a great deal of information as well as some good deals and sales both online and offline. Sometimes they are not just there to take up time or merely annoy you.

6. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    On TV I don't mind them at all although sometimes when I am watching a programme I really like I want them to be over so I get get back to viewing! I often use them as an opportunity to get up and make a cup of tea and sometimes they can be quite entertaining so they don't bother me.

7. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Without seeing an advertisement of any product and actually seeing how it's used to get the maximum satisfaction of procuring such products, I definitely find it difficult patronizing that products.

Advertisement gives a good insight to what a commodity has got to offer and without knowing fully what I'm about to invest my hard earned money into, I would really be finding it almost impossible to take such decision.

My life with products advertising is intertwined in all corners so, deciding on buying a product just based on a hunch that it would be a good deal is practically not advisable to me and I hardly do such.

8. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I am watching a movie and suddenly there is a commercial break. I hate to watch the ads. Similarly, I also hate to watch ads when I am watching an interesting program. However, I am surfing various channels and I don't have any substantial thing to watch, I enjoy watching ads. Some are are very touching, some are very creative and some are very poignant.

9. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I would not go as far as stating that i hate or despise advertisements but i do dislike a lot of them as they are often confusing and annoying.

10. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I don't mind ads really and even enjoy watching some of them. While watching a TV programme, I am always some or the other stuff as well, like preparing a meal or cleaning or some other household chore. So the commercial breaks actually allow me to do those things so I don't miss a lot much of the actual programme itself.

11. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I like to see ads though it depends on where and when they pop up. They could be really annoying especially online where you have to wait seconds to view a video . I love to see the commercials on television especially when they are interesting, inviting and tell a great story.

At times they influence my decision to purchase a product but not just that, I also rely on feedbacks and reviews.

12. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Ads are useful as they introduce us to new products. Some Ads entertain me and I do not mind watching them several times while there are those that get on my nerves. I just mute the sound when they appear or get up to do some chores around the house

13. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I really like watching the Super Bowl advertisements though and they make them fun entertainment during this big game. I think this is the one time of year that people actually like watching advertisements on TV-and these brands really like to drop a lot of money(millions of dollars),so its kind of fun to see what they really come up with-and since I studied marketing at the university,I really find it quite interesting.

14. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't mind them as long as it doesn't take too long covering up what I am watching or reading. If the ad is on the side it doesn't bother me at all sometimes they might even be helpful and show an item we might be interested in. I dislike the ads that are un videos that take long and I am not able to skip though.

15. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    Advertisements are there to make as aware of the products that are available in the market or new products that want to be availed in the market. I like ads because they inform me of the new products, their advantages and disadvantages giving me the chance to choose to buy it or not.

16. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    Some advertisements are actually misleading. Especially those ads online. It's so prominent. Ads on TV can be annoying, too. When you spend your time relaxing and decided to watch your favorite TV series and all you have to do is wait too long for it because of the different ads aired.

17. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    I hate advertisements, but I respect its necessity, because it is very important to motivate creators of websites, vloggers and others to continue producing subjects. However, there are website with abusive advertisement with, about, 40 seconds of advertisement before starting a video. Moreover, it is not allowed to skip the video advertisement:mad:.

18. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't go as far as stating or saying that i hate them but sometimes i dislike them if i they interrupt something important..

19. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't like advertisements because it always interrupts what I'm watching on Youtube or even in the Television. But on the other hand, although there are always disturbance, I noticed that through advertisements, I have a knowledge about that certain product by watching those advertisements.

20. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Advertisements are a necessary evil that comes along with a society of consumption. If there were no ads how would we know what products do exist? How would we know what we need? :D How would our kids annoy us saying "I want that!". :) I don't hate them or love them, they are just what they are.