Do You Love Watches?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Femiluv • Mar 11, 2015.

1. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    Do you love watches? How many do you own? What are your favorite brands? Do you only buy brand names or whatever you can find in the store?

Yes to all the above. I go for brand name watches, specifically Michael Kors (as seen in my avatar). I own 4 Michael Kors watches and look forward to adding to my collection in the near future. I justify my obsession by convincing myself that watches are a good investment because they last forever.

I think my mum has been a huge watch influence. I got a few beautiful watches (hand-me-downs) from her when I was younger.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a watch fan. I find they feel and look too clunky for me. Not that they don't look good on other people; I just can't be bothered for myself. I'm just always aware of them; they feel awkward lol. I've had many over the years, but I never wore any of them for more than a week. To be honest, I don't think I even set any of them lol.

3. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    Haha..I know many people who say this, and I totally understand. There are some things I just can’t get into. Bracelets always look awkward on me, and turtle necks make me feel like I’m suffocating.

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I personal don't wear watch, but I admire watches on other people hands. I think some watches are gorgeous and fashionable to wear maybe one day I will start sporting watches but for now bracelet will do for me.

5. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    Watches are definitely something that can really add to your outfit and also be an expression of yourself, just like the clothes you wear. I personally am more a fan of the minimalistic style of watches such as watches by Daniel Wellington and MVMT Watches, but I also really appreciate the craftsmanship and work that is required to develop the timepieces by brands like Cartier and Patek Philippe. But those however are watches that are more like the ones you pass through generations, which is why they command such hefty price tags.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember that my parents used to give me watches as early as 1st grade. My mom gave me her Citizen watch when I became a teenager. Then when it ran out of battery, I didn't use it again since I already have a cellphone to tell the time. So since 2002 until now, I haven't worn a watch because my phone can tell me what time is it anyway. I guess I'm not a watch fan.

7. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I have a bit of a thing, you could say for Casio G-shock watches. And when I say a bit of a thing I mean I've got about 12!

I don't know why either, there's just something I like about them, think the cheapest is about £70 and the dearest was £280, that's over here in the UK so really the prices aren't that bad.

The sad thing is I do actually wear them all as well, for work, nights out, going to the gym etc...a watch for all occasions you could say.

8. CharlieSavard

CharlieSavardNew Member

Threads:
    I'm not a watch fan.

9. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I currently own 5. Some of them are out of batteries, though. I don't like metal bands. One of them is like a chain link fence, and I'll wear sometimes. But no gold, metal, dangling, skinny girlie watches. I actually prefer leather bands. It doesn't move around and it's really comfortable.

10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    When I was still studying, I would always be wearing a watch. But as time goes by, I have realized wearing one is rather pointless now since you could just easily take your cellphone out of your bag and check the time.