Do You Mainly Shop During The Week, Or On Weekends?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Diane Lane • Apr 15, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was working full time, I would often put off my shopping until the weekends, since I tended to be pretty exhausted on the weekdays. These days, I do most of my shopping during the week, because I work around the workers, school buses, and tourists, since those three are the big factors that cause traffic congestion and crowded stores here where I live.

When I shop online, it doesn't matter as much, so I work around other things in my life, although I will pop online at random times if there's something that sparks my interest and I want to see if I can get a good deal. I do occasionally experience internet lag in the evenings and on weekends, when most of the neighbors are home and probably streaming television content or gaming, so I will sometimes put off my shopping.

Do you plan your in person or online shopping around specific days and times, or are you more of a spontaneous shopper?

2. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Well, grocery shopping is something I always plan for the weekends. Except for like the "emergency" buys like coffee or something which I buy whenever it runs out. As far as online shopping is concerned, I now wait for discounts and sales, so that I can get the best deal.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My family and I usually shop on weekends, most preferably on Sundays right after service so that we do not have to queue for a long time. It's hectic over the weekdays because of work and regular household duties taking up your available schedule. Malls and groceries are packed on Fridays and Saturdays but weirdly enough, the crowded atmosphere clears up every Sunday.

4. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I shop during the week because it's so busy here at the weekends that you can't expect to get in and out of the shops in less than 3 hours. Often you have to queue at the checkout for half an hour or more alone. I don't like to waste that sort of time standing around so I prefer to go during the week. I can get in and out in under an hour then.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I shop during weekdays as much as I can especially if I'm buying at brick and mortar stores instead of online, because weekends tend to mean heavy traffic and packed Parking lots. Though, if there were weekend sales and I felt like going, I wouldn't be too hindered by it either because it's not too bad anymore these days as there are way more options of places to go to so specific areas are not as congested as they used to be. The part I hate the most is how crowded it gets but even that I find adds to the charm sometimes.

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to shopping for clothes, I usually put it off until the weekend where there are sales. Usually, during the weekdays, there are no sales or promotions which cannot be fun at all. Kidding! Anyway, the great thing about shopping during the weekend is that I have all the time in the world. I find that if I shop during the week, I tend to shop quickly to keep up with my husband's crazy schedule.

But the upside of shopping during the weekdays? Well... There's not much customers. You have the stores all to yourself. You can look through all items and not have to fight with other customers. You can thoroughly check for damages as well.

But when it comes to grocery shopping, we always do it as needed. Since we have a toddler, that can go for as often as twice a week. Usually, we shop once during the weekdays and once during the weekends.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Where I live most people don't work on Saturday and Sunday and as retailers know they'll have people buying what they sell it's hard to get good deals at that time. Shopping Monday through Friday always is better because that's the best time to get deals. Perishables often are cheap at that time and smart folks who want to save money often buy them then.

I believe that one's choice should be determined by when they will get better deals. I've heard that in some places you get better deals on Tuesdays. If I lived in one of them places then I'd do my shopping on Tuesday.

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a daytime job on weekdays so it is very rare that I go shopping after office hours because I'm already tired. Sometimes my husband would pick me up in the office and we would go to the mall for dinner but no shopping anymore. On weekends, I have chores at homd so I really have to make a schedule for shopping. And when I have the time, I always bring the list of things to buy so I can shop faster.

9. sharatharadhya

sharatharadhyaMember

Threads:
    I shop when I need things and I don't mind doing it on Weekdays. I have a very flexible Job so that is not an issue.I prefer shopping online but also shop offline sometimes. If I don;t have enough cash to buy something I want I wait till I have it and then purchase it immediately. We do regularly go a Mall on Weekends as that is the time the children can be taken along with.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really envy you, @Diane Lane@Diane Lane because I prefer to shop as and when I want to. But because I have a full time job, I too get too tired to do much else after work. So shopping is out of the question. So more often than not, I do my shopping at the weekend. -and as we all know, that's a bit of a killer, because everyone's out doing theirs too :(

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am able to control my time as a self employed person which allows me to avoid shopping on the weekends. I do not like crowds so I stay away from the stores on week ends. If I do have to go to the store on the weekend I go to the store as soon as the doors open.

12. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I would say, I do the majority of my grocery shopping during the week. I usually prefer to shop early Monday mornings because there are on no crowds and I feel I can take my time. Now shopping for anything else, it really doesn't matter when I shop, I just like a calmer atmosphere when it comes to grocery shopping.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I shop during the weekdays since I can afford to do so. I actually avoid shopping on weekends because it tends to be quite crowded and I hate to be held up by crowds and long lines.

14. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    I'm a weekday shopper all the way if I get the chance, going over to Aldi early in the afternoon hardly takes 25 minutes and I can do it during my lunch break worse case. I avoid the supercenter type stores normally, so it's tough running in on the weekend.

15. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I shop whenever I want.Sometimes I do heavy shopping in the weekdays and sometimes I do it in weekends. Sometimes I shop during the beginning of the week. There had been a belief in our family that we should not buy things in Thursday and Wednesday is a good day to buy things. I don't follow this tradition, however, when I go to shopping with the family, I had to follow this belief.

16. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For small, negligible items like snacks, tissue paper, vitamins and the like, I shop whenever time and weather permit. There's a nearby convenience store slash pharmacy and their goods don't cost much, so I often buy from there. Weekends are usually reserved for large-scale shopping when family members shop for food and home necessities at the supermarket or buy clothes and footwear at the department store.

17. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I ride the bus only and go to the library for internet computers, so I shop when I need things mostly during the week for I like to relax on the weekends. I tend to go often during the week so I can get my shopping done and get the specials from the weekly ads from CVS, Walgreens and supermarkets. For now this works for me. Unless I have to I don't like shopping during the weekends when buses tend to be slower too.

18. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop at the supermarket during weekdays after work because I'm already out anyway so why bother going out to shop during weekends. Walking back and forth in supermarket isles is a good stress reliever for me and helps keep me fit. Occasionally, I take my son with me to the supermarket on the last weekend of the month. I let him pick the grocery items based on a list and he's quite excited about this responsibility.

19. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    I generally shop whenever I want to, it doesn't matter whether its a weekend or its on weekdays because I usually only do my shopping online. It's just more convenient for me as I can do it at the comforts of my own home. Back when i didn't do online shopping, I usually find myself shopping mostly on weekdays rather than weekends.

20. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop over the weekends due to the fact that I simply have more time then. Weeks can be stressful for me and I usually just want to go home and relax after a day of classes. Over the weekends I have a bit more free time to spare.