Do You Make An Effort To Know The Seller?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by remnant • Aug 3, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    In most cases, customers buy at their own convenience regardless of the store which is selling to them or prefer to preserve their privacy and therefore anonymity. Some customers are repeat clients and go out of their way to know the store owners. This enables them to get or negotiate discounts and goods on cheap credit. They are also the first to benefit from offers and promotions from particular stores which they frequent. Anyone who is similarly inclined?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For someone like me who lives in a small town while knowing knowing the people you buy stuff from can be great because you can ask for a discount and extract a promise of discounts at a later date, fact is you'll be expected to buy from that person even when you'll be getting a better deal elsewhere. Thing though is here you can't avoid knowing almost everyone so there's that.

Online you need to know the sellers if you buy from places like Ebay. If you buy from three or four sellers who you know aren't scammers you'll be better off than all the people who are terrified of buying anything online because they don't know whether they'll be scammed or not and for that reason miss out on great deals.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This reminds me of my shopping abroad. Whenever I would find a good store, I always try to befriend the seller or the owner. Last year in Vietnam, the shop owner named Dao Tran has become my friend because I would chat before I buy and I tell her where I am from and my purpose of the trip. Ms. Tran gave my husband a nail cutter for free souvenir. And for me? I got a t-shirt, also free. And that's aside from the discount she gave me. Before we left Vietnam, I came back to Ms. Tran's store and bought some more clothing items for gifts to my friends here.

4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    No, not really. I just buy from the seller and leave. I chat with them if the circumstances permit, then I ask if that is the final price already. They always say "yes" when I ask that, so that is a hint that I should abort all intentions to haggle.

5. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I negotiate regardless of knowing the shop owner or not if I feel the item is not worth the tagged price. Otherwise, I buy and walk away. I don't like to gossip or discuss anything with anyone.