Do you make money online?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Livvy • Jul 6, 2014.

1. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Like the thread title says, do you invest your time in making a little money here and there online? I say a little, because not many sites allow you to earn huge amounts-although it must be admitted, there are sites out there that allow big payouts, as long as you put the work in unlike what the ads say-so I'm just wondering if maybe we could maybe share some sites that have been successful for us, and maybe help each other out with referrals?

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I spend time online making extra money for myself and my family. I have a lot of luck with survey sites. Some of my favorites are SurveySpot and Global Test Market. I also like to participate in Reward Programs like Swagbucks and Chatabout. It is very easy to earn points (money) on both but Swagbucks takes awhile to pay out. I find a lot of my new sites on blogs like workersonboard.com and realwaystoearnmoneyonline.com. I also like smartphone apps like Viggle and Receipt Hog. They are both slow earners compared to online sites but they pay me to do things I'm already doing like shopping and watching TV.

I never spent too much time online looking at ways to make money because I believed all the sites were scams. However, after doing my research I found that there are a lot of different ways to earn. You just have to find what's best for you. Like I said, I do really well with surveys but some people despise them. It really depends on the demographic that the company is looking for. I don't see any harm in at least signing up though.

You definitely won't make a living online unless you manage to find a company that will pay you by the hour but those jobs often have waiting lists and are hard to get into. If you're just looking for extra money, your best bet is to go the route of reward programs and surveys. Its nice for me to bring in extra money so all the pressure is not on my husband. It also fits well into my lifestyle as a stay-at-home-mom. I usually get on the computer while he is taking a nap so why not make money while I'm doing it?

My biggest piece of advice is to have many different sites that you are on. If you want to make a decent amount and on a steady basis, you have to be active on several sites and check them throughout the day. Just one or two sites won't pay out that often. Good luck!

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been wondering the same thing. I do GPT sites but they're not good alone. I was hoping for something with a more steady income because I get very burnt out after a while. They're fine for extra income but for me I need something more because I'm not good at being my own boss/am a perfectionist and I don't have a job.
    I've Googled up and down and the only thing I've found was chat support or primarily phone jobs (which I think also came from workersonboard and realwaystoearnmoney online because those sites look familiar to me) I would have been game for the chat support job but they wanted 50 dollars for a background check. There is also data entry but it's difficult to find legitimate companies in that. Virtualbee seems to be good but I can't pass their evaluation. There is also mystery shopping but like surveys it's difficult to qualify. I've got high paying bank mystery shopping assignments recently but it saddens me because most of the time you already have to have money in your account.
    The only way I can see you can profit is if you do your own blog but again that's not for me. If that's something you can see yourself doing then I say do it. It sounds like a good thing. There's just nothing out there for me online or IRL so I always think it's just me that can't find work online.

4. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Like I said, you're never going to make your millions online, but if you're willing to put the work in-and it won't be easy mind-you can make some decent money on sites like various forum posting sites or Paidverts. The forum posting jobs are just getting you to post on forums, and earliest checkout is only $5 which would be about...let's say three hours of work. Not great, but it's online, you know? Paidverts is good, but if you want to see a good return quick, you need to invest a bit first. You can play it the slow game though, and just use the free ads and invest the money you make from them back into the site, and thankfully it plays a lot more than other sites like this.

If you don't mind my asking, what GPT sites do you use at the moment?

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't find survey sites very rewarding. It takes too long to accumulate those points that will eventually add up to an amazon voucher or a small amount of cash. Also I find the subjects in those surveys somewhat boring. I started out with surveys, but then discovered places like odesk and various other sites that will pay for well-written articles. Finally, I managed to get a part-time job with a company, using my language skills.

6. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely manage to make any money online, I just can't seem to find a reliable income source that doesn't require the time of a full-time job.
    I've tried a couple of different site but most often I'm working for almost an hour to make a few cents, under a dollar usually, that just doesn't seem like a worthwhile way to spend my time.
    The same with survey site, I usually do a few but then you realize that you need to do 50 of them just in order to reach the minimum payout amount, I'm too afraid of scams in those cases.

7. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    I think something that might help is to think of this as a supplement to your normal income, not something to make you millions. If you make a few cents here and there, that quickly builds up. Especially if you start using sites which pay more the longer you've been on the site.

8. dustysmommy2013

Threads:
    I am one of those rare people that has a lot of success with surveys. I don't know if its because of my demographic but I have actually made 100s of dollars in a little less than three months. It makes me sad to see that so many people despise them. Obviously though, you did the right thing by not wasting your time once you realized it wasn't for you. Everybody has to find their own niche online. I do several "jobs" online but surveys are definitely MY niche.

9. dustysmommy2013

Threads:
    I definitely agree with that, Livvy! I don't set out with the intent to pay all my bills. I set out with the intent to buy my son's Christmas present or get the dress I've had my eye on. Doing what I do, I have been able to get the items we have been needing or really wanting. I have also helped us out of a few tight spots this last month when our budget fell through. Instances like that are just a bonus though. If I hadn't been doing this, we would have just had to find another way. I look at online work as strictly extra cash and using that method, I have done very well. Maybe its because my expectations are so low and that I AM the type of person to appreciate $10 I didn't have before. Whatever it is, it's working for me and I plan to continue this line of work at least until my kids are of school age. The best part is that I'll be the one buying their school clothes instead of having to put that extra expense on my husband!

10. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do spend some time earning money online but I only really have less than a couple of hours to spend as I have a lot of other task to do. I only do forum posting and I also write little by little for my own website.

11. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    That's the spirit Dusty! Like I've said elsewhere, I'll try to get $20 every day, although honestly I'm usually failing to get that because I've been really sick and tired lately, so it's usually only $10-15 a day really. But hey, that's more than I had yesterday, you know?

12. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I like going to odesk and find few jobs that are easy to do like writing reviews and articles. there are jobs that only require data entry that should do. ITs an administrative jobs and mostly requires just a little knowledge of spreadsheet/excel.

13. dustysmommy2013

Threads:
    I'm Dusty's mommy. :) But I definitely know what you mean! It all adds up in the end and takes stress off my husband so if I can contribute in any way, its a good day.

14. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I know about forum posting. I tried registering for Paidverts but didn't get any ads that would play. I guess it didn't work because of investing but I'm always weary of investing money.
    I just do Swagbucks, Gifthulk and Quickrewards mostly nowadays and actually I don't even do Swagbucks like I used to because I get tired of the TV even the mobile. I don't get much because I gave up on referring people long ago so a huge majority of my earnings came from only me.

15. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I make alittle money online nothing that really big ..If anyone interested in doing little task I suggest clickworkers they are really legit. I have made good money with them. I use apps like app trailer and cashcrate to make money using my cellphone. I have not heard of odesk but Im going to try them out

16. sujoych

sujoychNew Member

Threads:
    I'm quite curious to make money online. But honestly speaking I get scared of investing money elsewhere. Because internet is very helpful though risky media also, filled with lots of scams!

17. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    That's odd...you don't have to invest any money into Paidverts to be able to get any ads back out.

Did you click on the free ads that you get to get some BAP?

18. dustysmommy2013

Threads:
    I don't waste my time on any website that requires me to invest anything. I like to do tasks that I will get paid for in return. If you have to pay them then yes it is probably a scam. I suggest checking out some blogs about working at home. I have a few favorites but you can always start with a Google search. I used to think that everything was a scam too but after doing my research, I have found a lot of legitimate sites that do pay real money. After surfing through the sites that interest you and reading their reviews, sign up for them and try it out. You might be surprised at how you flourish. I know I was!

I've been doing this for a few months now and it's easy to recognize when a website is a scam. You will get that "feeling" that tells you stay away and that will be the end of that. I've never had an issue with a scam or never being paid.

If online work is something you're interested in then there's no harm in doing some research!

19. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I work about 3 sites a day in addition to my full time job. My earnings really fluctuate but I aim for $5/day. I would like to average $20/day--I really would be pretty excited--but I don't think I am working sites where that is possible. Regardless I appreciate the extra fun money and also like knowing that I am putting in the extra effort to make money outside of my "9-5."

20. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I do make some money online.
    I'm trying to make enough so I can quit my part-time job and train Jiu-Jitsu full-time.

I'm trying out some new websites this weekend. I don't want to say much right now, because I don't want to waste peoples time if the websites end up sucking balls...
    But I'll come back here and let you guys now on Monday :)