Do You Miss The $5 Footlong?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by TheViper • Jul 3, 2016.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I'm talking about that Subway deal that had a lot of us going crazy. Well, at least I went crazy literally buying Subway almost every day. There was literally a time that I've went to Subway with friends and ordered every sub. Though, most of the time it became the #1 spot to go to for something to eat as it was generally cheap and filling. Do you guys miss the $5 deal they had?

2. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I don't really miss it. Subway was the only restaurant available on campus at my college and I got tired of it after having it pretty much everyday after class. Plus I can't finish a footlong all by myself, so even though it was a good deal, I'd end up with half a sandwich left over so I would usually just get the six inch sub. Sometimes my friends and I would share a footlong, but since we have different tastes, we each preferred to have our own separate sandwich. Anyway, I'm sure the five dollar footlong promotion will come back, it seems it always does.

3. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I know that are completely different, I'm a pretty athletic guy, and I could finish 2 foot longs in one sitting. I love the sandwiches they had, but I didn't really care about the deal.

I could go to Walmart and make my own foot long sandwiches for cheaper prices by just buying everything in bulk like the restaurant does and each sandwich would come out to a cheaper price. I could make 10 foot longs for $20 dollars of product. $30 dollars, plus some taxes in savings.

4. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    This is the first that I've heard. I agree that their $5 foot longs were the best sandwich deal outside of making your own sub sandwiches. Also a healthy choice to boot. I wonder why the deal was discontinued it had to have been a good profit maker for Subway.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I do miss that sandwich. It used to be so cheap for my husband and I to share one and have an inexpensive lunch out. I wish they would bring it back. Now it costs us over $10 to have a meal from that place. I am not sure how they do it, but they have the best subs around. You can't recreate them quite the same at home.

6. shcoo

shcooMember

Threads:
    I definitely miss it. Having a mildly healthy customizable lunch and dinner for a total of $5 was awesome to me.

I am signed up on the Subway text alerts now but the offers there really pale in comparison. Sometimes my coworker and I will go when they have the "buy one 6 inch, get one free" deal going on, but even then they make you buy a large drink with them and it comes out to $7.50+

7. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I love Subway subs with all of the cheese and fresh veggies. Yes, I would like to see the deal return. Where else could a family of 4 eat for $20?

8. Robilas

RobilasMember

Threads:
    I really hope to see that deal coming back! What I really love about Subway is that you can get incredibly tasty and healthy food with so many ingredients to choose from, literally you can go there every week and order a different sub. When the $5 was available I could eat a filling, tasty, healthy sub that also happened to be really cheap.
    Of course I tried to make my own subs at home, but it's more time consuming and it really doesn't taste the same, since it's hard to find all those variety of breads and veggies. Nowadays I do it because ordering a full price footlong is quite expensive, but when the $5 deal was available the price difference was negligible

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never used to eat the footlong sandwich, but I always had the 3,50 half one. That used to be a life savior for me when I did not make a lot of money at work and had to eat spending very little money. I would always go to Subway about two or three times a week.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that was a pretty good deal! Nowadays, it is hard to pay that little for almost any sub on the menu there.However, I have taken to buying my subs at Sheetz where you can get a 6 inch sub for only two bucks...and the rolls are fresher. A footlong will only cost you 4 by using basic meats. It still comes with all the great veggie toppings, but cheese is additional.