Do You Only Buy Clothes If They Are On Sale?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by junemoon • Apr 13, 2015.

1. junemoon

junemoonNew Member

Threads:
    I do not buy clothes very often from a department store. If I do, I only buy off the sales rack. Sometimes, I leave empty handed. I can not help myself. It just seems like such a waste of money. I honestly can not recall the last time that I purchased a clothing item that was a new arrival. My daughter can not shop with me. It drives her crazy. I head to the back of the store and begin sorting through the discontinued items. Anyone else, refuse to pay full price and shop strictly in the sales rack section?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely pay full price for any clothes as I prefer sales. The only time I pay full price is a discount store where items don't really go on sale. In Forever 21 their basics are under $10 already so they are cheap. These days most stores have specials too or coupons so very few people pay full price these days.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love clothes, but I shop smart. I will only buy clothes full price if I believe they're reasonably priced. Otherwise, I like the sale section and especially LOVE TK Maxx for that reason. I also love to shop online as I find my favourite sites always seem to have a discounted section. I don't think this will ever change, even if I became rich :)

4. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I nearly always buy my clothes online from sale websites, I hardly ever pay full price. Some of the prices these days can be pretty ridiculous, especially when your looking at designer items.

While a lot of supermarkets now have clothes sections I often find that the quality isn't usually all that great.

5. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the time, yes. I don't actually like to spend money for full prices, because they're oftentimes unaffordable; I usually buy winter clothes when they're on sale in spring, and use them thereafter. It's a workaround that helped me save around $2500 in the past 5 years, which is huge!
    I suggest you do the same as me, but of course, if you have the possibility to keep up with fashion demands, then nobody stops you doing so. :)

6. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I pretty much only buy clothes when they're on sale! That, or if I have good coupons. I went into Torrid this past weekend, and since the girl was so nice, I managed to get 80 dollars off using my coupons and then I had another 80 in giftcards, so I ended up only paying 56 bucks for a 216 purchase!

7. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I usually only look at the racks on sales? But if I'm on my way to a red price tag and something really perfect catches my eye, then I probably will buy it if it's in my budget. Also, when I'm looking or something specific, I don't limit myself to discounted items (though I still try to find some).

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I must be one of the rare women who absolutely can't stand shopping. In fact, I already start feeling irritated when I know that I am running out of something and that it's time to go shopping again. The worst for me is shopping for clothes. I really hate it. I simply have a look through the window of shop and if I like something I will go in, try it on, buy it if it fits, and the job is done. So, no sales racks for me. :)

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Sometimes, I only buy clothes if they are on sale. It actually depends if I have enough money to spend on shopping new clothes. But if money is way too tight and I would want to save more, I would just stay away from malls to avoid being tempted.

10. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I love to find great deals and of the clothes look good I will buy cheap, but I like to have a few great quality staple pieces in my wardrobe. I get disposable things like tank tops and tee shirts really cheap, but I like to get nice slacks or suits that I know will last.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do most of my clothes shopping at clearance or sale areas of stores even online because I think it's the most practical since for the same price I'd normally just be able to buy second hand clothes but with this tactic I'm able to get new clothes instead of old ones even if the second hand ones tend to be a more expensive brand. I'd rather have something brand new and cheap than something expensive but used but that's just me.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am sure that everybody knows that I am pretty frugal by now lol. Well, if I had more money I would not be. But as I don't, I have to watch how I spend, and what I spend money on, and how to maximize what I can get for what I've got. So I am much more likely to purchase clothes if they are on sale. But I will still purchase clothes that are not on sale.

13. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I try to buy mostly from sales and clearance racks, but it’s a bit risky. My size either tends to run out super quickly, or there’s very little of it in stock in the first place. I’ve missed out on a few things because of it. There’s also a risk in buying from clearance racks, in that it might be an impulse purchase. I usually curb that by asking myself if I would have been willing to pay full price for it in the first place, though.

14. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a stickler for sales though I always look forward to them. I still manage to find affordable clothes sold at half the price at surplus and retail-wholesale stores. The latter gives me a good run for my money. There are so many good finds online so if it's not the sale season or I'm too lazy to go out and shop, I just order through the Internet.

15. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I absolutely focus on the sales and clearances, too!

It is very rare for me to pay full price for an item and it's only when I need a particular item and can't wait. For example, I went to a wedding last year and discovered that the dress I had been planning to wear really required a shawl over the top of it. I didn't have one that matched and I didn't have any other dresses available to wear, so I went looking for a last minute purchase.

16. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope. I just get it when I need it. I'm not a person that would care about brands and whatever too much, so I keep my stuff until I can't wear it anymore, and then buy new ones. So, waiting for a sale on new shoes while the old ones have hole in them or something wouldn't be too wise for me.

17. wahmee

wahmeeMember

Threads:
    I don't like buying clothes full price. I'd prefer to get more of the same quality stuff in the sale than one full price

18. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I do actually, especially high end ones. Clothes are generally quite expensive anyway, so they are the deals I look for most when out shopping. There are usually immense savings to be made at certain times. I almost can't see why people would buy clothes outside of sales.

19. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    If it's one of the higher end stores, then yes I definitely only buy during sales, however in other highstreet shops and cheaper brands I often buy things not in sale, but not very much. Places like Uniqlo are great because they offer good quality, but at cheap prices.

20. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    I sure do buy clothes if they are on sale and in fact that is what I did before while at a mall with a friend. I saved a lot of money by only going for the sales and not paying full price. Another thing is when buying outfits on sale you can buy more since the cost is so low. I ended up getting a really nice brand new wardrobe for myself without spending a fortune.