Do You Only Buy Clothes If They Are On Sale?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by junemoon • Apr 13, 2015.

1. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I love a sale and can't resist a rummage in pursuit of a bargain. However, I have never found any trousers in a sale that fit me so I have to pay full price for them. Most of my tops and jumpers are sale items, but if I get a store gift card as a present I will buy a full price item.
    Shoes are different - I have to have a well fitting, quality leather pair and you don't find those as sale items generally.

2. The Jazzy Boho

The Jazzy BohoNew Member

Threads:
    I am so guilty of this. Once you start saving money, it becomes addictive in every aspect of your life. Many years ago I went shopping at a Good Will in South Carolina and I found some really nice things for under about 2 bucks each. Can you imagine how hard it was and how long it took for me to shop in a regular department store again? It was pretty depressing lol. But if the price is right (low enough,) I'll consider it, especially if it' something I really want.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind paying the full price if something I really like, and besides, that doesn't happen everyday. But right now I prefer to buy 2nd hand clothes, because they still look good as new, so I get to save money.

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Not really. Sales are real treats, and I take advantage of them whenever possible. However, there are still times when I really need to buy an outfit. For instance, if I need to attend a wedding, regardless if the store is on sale or not; I will still buy something from that store.

5. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I work in a pretty large fashion store and I see the crazy discounts that people get at certain times of the year, including a pair of Dockers khakis for $7! With that being said, I never buy anything full price myself. I, like many people, feel like it is a waste of money, especially since I know that it will come down in price after the season. I tend to go straight for the sale racks and ignore all the other regular priced items. I am always on the lookout for a good deal, something with good quality and a good price tag. When I get children, I hope that they will also pick up on my buying habits because it saves a lot of money. I also ask myself the questions "Do I need it"? If the answer is a no, then I will not purchase the item.

6. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    I have to REALLY like something to pay full price, otherwise I am the type of person who shops strictly from the clearance rack. Where I live the weather is really hot in the summer but pretty mild the rest of the year so I always stock up on summer clearance clothes because I know I can wear most of those items all year long.

7. kaylahambrick

kaylahambrickMember

Threads:
    I work in a retail store so I get a discount on anything I buy. I work at my local maurices (a woman's fashion store) and receive 40% off of original priced items and an extra 20% off of sale items. So I don't usually run into they problem because I mostly shop at my work. So I guess you could say I only buy discounted clothing!