Do you order online too much?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Diane102290 • May 3, 2013.

1. Diane102290

Diane102290New Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I find myself ordering something just to order it. I always find myself ordering something that I don't need but I see it online and its priced rite so I go ahead and order it. I know I'm not alone on this.

#1May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I also love to order online but I noticed that I only order from brands that I know that I will love.
    Therefore things like simple shirts or tank tops and even jeans is something that I have no problem ordering online. When it comes to dresses and jackets and coats then I need to actually try them on in a store to make sure that the fit is okay.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't order too much online. I do see some very good deals online, but if I haven't budgeted for the item, then I just have to let it go. I do this for my offline shopping too. I hate passing up a great deal, but I'm determined to discipline about sticking to my budget.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I think that i don't order online enough! I see a lot of my friends paying double the price i pay for the same item, and in return i still gain points to get some money in return in later purchases. I don't see a single problem in that!

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to order online too much, but I'm trying to save money so I have cut way back and only order online when it's something I absolutely need for the house. I don't shop recreationally anymore, in fact I'm trying to get rid of my extra stuff.

6. mifinfo

mifinfoActive Member

Threads:
    Before I pay, I will consider more, and sometimes I will give up paying when I know those I ordered were not I need.

7. MaraJadeC

MaraJadeCMember

Threads:
    I used to shop a lot online. It's way more convenient than going to the physical store. But I just buy cosmetics and accessories online. When it comes to apparel, I'm more comfortable going to the mall and actually seeing and fitting the actual product.

8. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I think that since it is so easy to order online now.
    All you need to do is click add to cart, and boom, the process is easy.

9. joshAnthony

joshAnthonyNew Member

Threads:
    I order a lot of products online from clothes to gadgets. But I never went as far to ordering food online. I've seen people do it though, I'm not talking about ordering pizza online, I'm talking about ordering like groceries etc. And snacks like Doritos or Pepsi. That's just too lazy.

10. blowx3

blowx3New Member

Threads:
    I try to buy everything I can online lol unfortunately I cant do that with groceries though. its basically the only actually shopping I do. I just prefer going online instead of going to places I love that end up being 2 hours away.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have shopping in my blood. I think my mother invented it. I have the hardest time when I see something I like, I'll convince myself I absolutely need it lol. I am getting better though. I have enough "stuff", unless I need to replace something, I try hard not to buy.. only if it's necessary. With the occasional gift to myself lol..

12. Celestial Sky

Celestial SkyNew Member

Threads:
    No. I love to shop online! Before there was Internet, I just to hate shopping, as it was so time consuming, and costly. You had to drive to shops, and spend a lot of time going to multiple stores to find gifts, clothing, shoes or music. (just examples) But, now in an instant, I can shop at places all over the globe! It's amazing, to be able to search for an out of print book, or a vintage item and find it online. Plus, all manner of exotic goods, Asian noodles, silk fabric, or handmade holiday gifts. I love the variety and selection that shopping online gives me.

So, for me, there's no way I could shop too much online, as I think I'm making up for years of not shopping before there was Internet! haha

13. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely order online too much. I follow various deal websites (see the Hot Deals section of this forum) and get tempted when I see things like 75% off. I'm particularly guilty of buying games online, despite having a bunch I've not played.

14. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    I'm lucky with my demographic area. It forces me to actually not make online purchases, as they are usually much more expensive in my area or unavailable.

I live in Canada, and everything that I seem to want from the interwebs is only cheaply shippable to the USA or exclusively shippable to the USA.

15. kdlt

kdltNew Member

Threads:
    I do most of my shopping online (especially when it comes to gifts; I like to get things you can't go to a local store and buy.) This is normally no problem.. but when it comes to me being currently unemployed? Yeah, I need to curtail these spending habits. I just canceled an order on Amazon yesterday after repeatedly asking myself if I REALLY should have done that and if I REALLY needed it or if I could wait til I got more money. I suggest asking that last question before making a purchase :p It can help prevent unnecessary buying.

16. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I apply the same system to online shopping that I do in stores. I ask myself whether I need the item or merely want it. If the answer is 'want' - and it usually is - I don't buy it. If I still really want the item a week later, I will go ahead and buy it, but I never just click on the cart just because something is cheap, so in answer to your question, no, I don't order too much online.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Yeah, it's pretty easy to get tempted when the advertisements are right in your room where you are comfortable, and everything can be so conveniently ordered and shipped, I understand it completely. I know I'd order a lot more things online if I could afford to do it often enough, but a helpful tip that I use when it comes to this is that I would prefer to just save up for the bigger things instead of buying a lot of small things. This way, I get to buy a lot more things that are easier to re-sell when I've grown tired of them, so I don't lose that much money using this discipline.

18. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:

I order online now and again when I see something I want that is not available at the stores or it the price is better then the one at the stores, but other than that I don't order things online that much it is just every now and again. It is really good to be able to order online whether you do it a lot or just every now and again.

19. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    Sometimes I order something, and then regret it not long after. I think I am too eager to buy things online - I just wish I had a huge flow of cash so I wouldn't have to worry about the cost of anything, and that I could buy whatever I wanted. Of course this is a pipe dream that most people have also! I think it is easier to make a purchase online, that is why it is so easy also to get carried away.

20. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sometimes do this not very often but I do do it once in a awhile when I see some type of make up or jewelry I don't think twice even if I don't need it.