Do you order online too much?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Diane102290 • May 3, 2013.

1. himali.jagma

himali.jagmaMember

Threads:
    no i am not buying online too much

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought a lot of things online that I don't need as well, I just bought them because they're quite cheap or discounted and nice-looking. I don't regret buying any of the items that I don't need though.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Put it this way ... if I could order my milk and bread from the local shop online then I would never leave my house! I ordered my food shopping online, most of my furniture, DVDs and music, and even place my horse racing bets online.

4. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do have this problem also! If I really want or need one thing even, I end up ordering way more things then I need just so I can justify spending so much on shipping or to make it free shipping lol! I also end up returning the majority of what I get. Thankfully a lot of what I order ends up being from stores that are in my town so I can return it easily if needed. Shopping online is just way too convenient, and it is tempting when you have promo codes!

5. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if I'd say TOO much...lol rather subjective. Plus most of what I order I get free shipping on, so it doesn't feel so bad ;).

6. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    Well lately yeah...what's wrong in it..i have never faced any issues..

7. Steverd

SteverdMember

Threads:
    YES, I think I order more ONLINE than in stores. I also do 100% of my Christmas shopping online. Most from Ebay, QVC and Amazon. I've ordered three different days from Amazon this week. I wonder what the UPS drivers think about coming to my house all of the time? But I save a TON of money, time and gas buying online.
    Last we I made two Amazon orders the same day (By as a Prime member I get free shipping). Maybe I'm addicted to online shopping?

8. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I tend to order online more than buy in person. It just feels easier to click from my couch and buy. I don't have to spend gas money that way. I don't have to risk my safety on the roads. But I do get enjoyment out of walking into a brick and mortar store and perusing the selection. My kids prefer to go to stores and check out all the goods. I feel like the older you are the less you like to go out to shop.

9. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    I used to shop online a lot more than I do now. I was an Ebay-a-holic! I loved Ebay and I'd love to find thrift blogs that would trade used items with me. It was like going to a yard sale or trading online! A lot of the sites got shut down though, aside from Ebay of course, so I find myself just going to the local thrift shops and finding deals there versus going online.

10. dapperdileep

dapperdileepNew Member

Threads:
    Getting drink and going on amazon is never a good idea. I always regret it the next morning :(

11. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on the urgency and the money I intend to spend. When I'm not in a hurry to get something buy may need it [or them] in the near future, then because goods bought online are relatively cheaper, I'd order for them online. However if I want something I need to use immediately. . .

12. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    No because I don’t buy online either. I use the internet to search for particular products, know their prices and know some offline stores where I can get them. This way I don’t order anything online which means it is not very easy to find me buying anything that I don’t want. I will only buy what satisfies me and I really want it but not what I find being offered at a cheap price and it is nice-looking.

13. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I will only order certain things online. You can find great deals online but you can also find overpriced items just like in stores. If I really need something and there is a sale for it online. Then I will go that route and spend what I need.

14. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I think I enjoy ordering online over stores any day. So for me, I would say I order too much, but I think there is no such thing lol.

15. Scipio

ScipioNew Member

Threads:
    When I made money online, I used to spend quite a bit with online shopping. And most of the time it was for services that were temporary and rarely had any significant impact for personal goals of mine. I would prefer to buy online compared to going to the store, or at least making pre-orders for something to save the hassle of waiting in line for something popular.

It’s easy to get into impulsive spending, but most of the time when I read out reviews from many sources, I end up giving up on buying the product. I think if I wasn’t a victim of being naïve and buying things I didn’t need, I would probably be in a better position instead of having to work hard just to save up for one item and still budget at the same time.

16. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I only ever buy books online, that too when I have fixed money set aside for that specific purpose, so I wouldn't say I am spending too much online but I still spend quite a bit.

17. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    I am under a money saving program where I am aiming to launch my own site for selling laptops before Christmas. As such I don't recently order much stuff online but I look for deals offline. Though some days back before I got into this project I was like ordering online in each of my purchases I am nowadays trimming my edges just for the sake of making my goal achievable.

18. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I don't order too much online, that is for sure. Even though I've bought online quite a few times I'm always pretty careful when I do it so that I don't get scammed and I check exactly what I am buying, so it's a "conscious" process and not an impulse one. :)

19. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like spending money. If anything, I'm a tightwad. When something is really important to me, I don't want to spend my money on anything else including food. If I order something online, it's usually because I got a gift card. I try to use the gift cards as much as I can instead of spending money. It's always nice when you have a gift card and can get what you want without regretting it.

20. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I pretty much order everything online. The only thing I don't order online is food lol. But yeah, all my hair dye, shampoos, conditioners, body washes, and most of my clothes all come from ordering online. It's kind of sad. I feel like there's a better selection online and there are better deals online. I also don't like spending a lot of time in public places because of my anxiety, so that's why I do most of my shopping online.

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you're not overspending. It's also okay to order things just because you want them as long as you're not doing it every day or close to every day. Just be careful with how often you do it.