Do you order or have a store....

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by BarelyHangingOn • May 6, 2012.

1. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    Where do you get your As Seen On Tv items from? Do you order over the phone or online or do you have a store that you go to? Do people still call and order things over the phone?

A "As Seen On Tv" store just opened in our mall awhile back and I stop in ever once in awhile to check out the items.

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I just can't seem to bring myself to buy it from the commercial anymore. I have just been let down too any times before. I see now the sell the As Seen On TV items at Walgreens, CVS and even Walmart. None of them still work like they show on TV, but at least you can see the products in person before buying them and wasting your money. So I guess its what helps me get the buying it bug out of my system.

3. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    When I do purchase As-Seen-On-TV items, which isn't very often, I go to the store. I like to wait until the products come out in stores because they will have reviews, which helps me determine whether the items are worth purchasing or not.

4. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I order online usually. We do have a store here, I just don't go to it for some reason. After I have already bought the product I will usually end up seeing it in CVS or Walgreens and then I get upset with myself for not waiting. Those commercials just suck me in every time. I'm weak.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I've never seen a store, so if I were to actually buy something current, I would have to go through the commercials. I think a lot of people still do that. The few "as seen on TV" style items I have bought were special items brought in temporarily to other stores around me for holidays and it was only after the product had been on the air for years at that point.

6. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Walmarts have a little section for "As seen on TV" items. Ours used to be by the register, but being that every Walmart I have ever been in is laid out different I am not sure where it would be in your local Walmart. Some of the things can be seen in Home Depot and Lowes (garden and home products), I have seen a section in the Kitchen Store now too. I know there are a few others, but I can't remember them at the moment. But to the best of my knowledge, all Walmarts have the section in them.

I would personally get it at the store if I was going to buy something from a commercial. I don't like the idea of ordering something like that over the phone. I did do it once a long time ago with no problems, but I prefer the store.

7. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    I usually go to my local CVS store to buy things online. They have the snuggie and the pajamajeans that are very affordable.

8. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    When I do purchase these items I end up buying them at the store. Usually by the time they reach the store they have been tested and proven. Without this type of option, I would have issues in coming to spend this type of money for the product.

9. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I'd rather get them from the stores. I'm not worried about the reviews, I'm just not going to pay for shipping and handling when I can wait and pick it up at a store that I would also be able to return it to without paying.

10. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I wait until the as seen on TV items are in the Dollar General. Then yiu ourchase an item originally sold for 19.99 for 10 dollars, some times even less.

11. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    I usually go to the store. I like to have the product physcially in my hands before I purchase it.