Do you organize your office supplies?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by 003 • Oct 24, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My office supplies aren't really organize. I tried to them many times, for other people to make my space look Neat and not as messed up as I have been used to all my life, but to no avail. No matter how I organize them, they would get cluttered a little later on. And when they are, I am more comfortable, and it's easier for me to use them. But for the people who look at them feels like I am miserable and even bet that I wouldn't be able to get my job done.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a matter of personal taste. I like having all my things organized for me, so I know where everything is if I need it. I separate my pens and pencils and throw ones that don't work and keep gel pens and sharpies separately and before I can work, I like to know everything is at hand.I keep several sticky note colors as well handy!

3. juancarlos

juancarlosMember

Threads:
    Yes i organize my office supplies, the one of the reasons that it's so difficult to find things is because everything is just stacked, one item on top of another and one item in front of another and that is very messy for me. So i organized my all things.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I do organize my office supplies, sometimes I don't, but honestly my table is always in diasarray but I still know where to find something if I needed it.

5. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    No. They're all shoved into a plastic bin in a haphazard heap. I suppose you could call that organization, but I can't begin to recall the number of times I've gone out and bought some minor item because it got buried in the stupid bin and I thought I needed a replacement. Staples, pens, paperclips, post-it notes, rulers, even scissors... yeah. Organize your stuff, people. You'll save money.

6. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    No I don't. When I used to live with my mum she used to get nervous with my stuff because I'm such a mess and she is a very organised person. Anyways, I always end up finding my stuff, so no problem.

7. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    Oh, only if you noticed the inherent disaster that lies on my desk permanently, but believe it or not, I can actually concentrate a lot better with this pile of disorganized stuff by my vicinity all the time. It's actually quite of a perk to me. :D

8. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I love to have a clean and organized desk, but I am finding it much harder to do these days now that my kids are getting older and need to use the supplies as well. They take things without asking and just put stuff back where they want to. It is highly annoying, but I guess it is a small price to pay as a parent.

9. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    My office supplies are all in the office, but beyond that there is little organization. When we moved in a little over a year ago, boxes of office stuff just got dumped in there. I have yet to sort through it and organize it. Ideally, I would have all of the stationary sorted, pens, pencils, markers, and craft items all sorted and each would have a place. Organizing the office is on my running to-do list, and it seems like it is always one of my last priorities. If it were more organized, we would probably be more inclined to do work there than in the living room. Perhaps it will be a New Year's resolution! :D

10. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am provided my own room in the office withan executive table and a cabinet so my office supplies are well-organized. At home, I also have a cabinet for that to include scoth tape holder, scissors aside from the folders, pad paper and other office supplies that I use from time to time. It is better to stock up on office supplies than to go to the store for a simple fastner or folder when needed.

11. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I think it's a matter of personal preference. I like to have a tidy organized desk but often I get so busy that things get piled up and pens and pencils get mixed up etc. Rather than have everything organized I'm happy if my office supplies are tidy and I can find them quickly when I need them. I have many colleagues who are neat and super organized, I envy their ability to keep their desk organized.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To avoid wasting time I keep my office supplies organized. To me nothing is worse than wasting time looking for stuff, if you have a place for everything and put it back in its place when you are done with it you do not waste time looking for something, that time is better used doing something productive.