Do You Own A Robe?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by JoanMcWench • May 14, 2015.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I own quite a few but I really cannot stand using them. I don't know what it is. I feel like it's restricting & not very comfortable. Like wearing a zip up sweater to bed or something. I also run hot regardless of what season it is so that doesn't help.

Does anyone else feel the same or do you love your robe?

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes I own a robe. Actually I own three robes. My first ever one was a blue fleece one, with my name embroidered into it. Years later I was bought one - a red one, and that one didn't have my name stitched into it, but it was my favorite color, so I didn't mind. For the summer, I bought a thin one. I used to wear all three. But for some reason I have stopped. I'd rather don a onsie.

3. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    I absolutely love robes. I owned my first robe 5 years ago (light generic blue robe). I never got one after that one mysteriously went missing. One of my Christmas gifts in December was a black robe. I wear it whenever I'm home, not even kidding! So comfy and so warm (which helps since I'm usually cold)!

4. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I like using them in certain situations (especially when other people are around). I have a wonderfully soft cotton jersey robe with a hood that I absolutely love. It's so comfortable to lounge around in at the end of a work day and it takes the chill off when needed.

5. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I own a robe, though I prefer a towel more. I've owned 2 in my life - a light pink one with magenta stars and a bright red one that has now become too short for me. There were both 2 very heavy fleece ones but now, I think that I would like a really light weight one with a lingerie feel. Actually, the only time I use the fleece robes is in the winter and after that, it goes back into its hiding place far in the back of my closet.

6. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I've never had a robe, and I honestly don't think I would use it much if I did have one. I live alone, so I usually hang around in boxers when I'm in the house, it's much more comfortable than any robe I believe. Maybe if I lived in a colder climate I would be more inclined to get one.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Robes aren't popular in tropical countries, but maybe with the rich people they are more popular. I'd rather wear a pajama than a robe, because the fabric of the pajama is lighter and thinner.

8. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I don’t currently own a robe. I had a couple when I was a kid, but I don’t recall using them very often. It can get a bit chilly (well, comparatively) where I live, so I might consider buying a robe for that purpose. I’m more likely to throw on a big hoodie, though, or just wrap a blanket around myself.

9. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've got a couple of them, they are great for first thing in the morning as I don't get in the shower until I've had my coffee. I'm in the UK where it's usually cold though, so there is a need for things like this here.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really like robes. They make me think of hospital stays. The only time I have seen family and friends wear robes while I grew up was when they were ill and needed something "decent" and comfortable to wear. For that reason I feel an aversion to them.
    One year my mother gave me a robe for my birthday. It ended up in a donation bin. There is no doubt about my dislike for robes. My mother knew it, but thought she'd "cure" me of my aversion to robes by getting me one. It backfired.