Do You Own A Set Of Luggage?

Discussion in Travel started by Zyni • Apr 5, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do any of you own a proper set of luggage? I don't, but then again, I don't really travel enough that I feel the expense would be warranted. I do have a decent duffel bag style piece that has smaller bags that match, for make up and whatnot. It's made of quilted, floral material, so it looks okay, not like a gym bag of military style duffel. I have other bags that work just fine too, and I have borrowed a suitcase before.

Do you have, or would you like to have a proper set of luggage? Do you think it's worth it, or do you just use what you have?

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't own a matching set. I've got a large wheeled suitcase and what I call my "Ryanair bag", which is one of those carry-on bags that just meets the size restrictions imposed by budget airlines. It's saved me quite a lot of money on luggage charges over the years.

As long as my bag will stand out on the luggage carousel then I'm happy with it.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I mostly travel on a budget and I don't really stay for more than three days, I tend to just bring a backpack with me - sometimes with an additional bag for my souvenirs. I've always been planning to buy a luggage set, though. Once I manage to secure an academic or career spot abroad, I won't hesitate to buy one, hopefully a Samsonite brand.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have tons of luggage and suitcases at our house, but none of it is mine. I throw everything in a bin or backpack and go on my way. Luggage is too cumbersome, though I don't really care about the price of suitcases and whatnot. I just want to be more portable without having tons of luggage to worry about.

5. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do own a set of luggage, Only because it was cheaper to buy. The only family member who doesn't have the same case is my daughter. She wanted a different one because she's a teenager and didn't want to look like us with the same case :D.

6. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    No. We usually travel via car or RV so they're not necessary. The RV has it's own storage and in a car, we use duffle bags. My daughter and I fly occasionally or sometimes we'll all take a train somewhere. In those cases, each of us takes a backpack. We're semi-minimalist packers with travel-friendly wardrobes so we can go as long as we need to be gone with just those backpacks. We just need to do laundry if it's going to be longer than a week.

7. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I remember my parents having matching luggage sets when I was a very little girl and we were traveling a lot overseas and such, but once back in the states that set of luggage seems to have disappeared. All I remember later in my teen years was my mom packing up things in paper bags when we went on vacations.

That embarrassed me to no end until my grandmother gave me a suitcase for Christmas one year.

(I wouldn't be a teen again for anything in the world. They're way too sensitive.) :)

Now my husband and I each have a favorite suitcase and then an odd assortment of other bags if we need more than our preferred two, but no fancy matching bags. Mostly we only go camping anyway, so we really don't need anything more.

Besides, after the paper bag memory I wouldn't be too proud to carry anything that didn't look like it should be in a shopping cart. :)

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't own a set, but I do have several luggage bags of various kinds and sizes. I actually have been wanting a set with matching bags and stuff, but they are quite expensive and I rarely have long trips - when I travel is usually for the weekend for a few days at once, so I just get my getaway bag for those!