Do you own an aquarium?

Discussion in Pets started by delusional • Mar 13, 2014.

1. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I have a rather small 12 gallon aquarium that's home to some small fish and shrimp.

I really love it but it takes a lot of work and time to keep it tidy. I would love to see my shrimp breed.

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've had an aquarium when I was a kid, well, I co-owned it with my older brother, he was the boss of it to be honest though. It's a great entertainment let me tell you, I used to spent hours looking at the fishes, cleaning the tank, feeding them.

I never had shrimp though, don't the fish eat them?

3. postergirl

postergirlMember

Threads:
    I have an aquarium as well. I have a Seahorse Ranch! Seriously. I have 8 Seahorses and the aquarium is set up like an Old Western theme. I have a church and a saloon and even hitching posts! Which the Seahorses actually use. I have 2 pregnant Males at this time and am a little worried about 2000 baby Seahorses being released into this small Western town! My dream aquarium is a Coral tank. No fish. Just Coral.

4. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    I currently have a 75 gallon tank and a 55 gallon tank. Depending on the type of fish and whether it is a fresh water or salt water tank makes all the difference in both the time and money you have to invest in this endeavor. Right now, my fish tanks are both fresh water and I've got a few cichlids. :D

I've got 3 tiger oscars, 2 jack dempseys, a pacu, and a ghost knife.

5. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    We have an aquarium at home and the kids really love it and they are the ones who feeds their pet fishes. I find it important for the kids to have a pet to teach them become responsible. It's also convenient on my part
    because an aquarium doesn't really need that much effort to maintain.

6. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Breeding shrimp seem new to me but surely, this would need one to be expert. I have been into fishes for years now since the time I manage a petshop back then. I became obsess with flowerhorn and malawi cichlids and so I did set up my aquarium outside our house nad until now the fishes are breeding. I do have alligator gar which is something I'm proud of.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We used to have an aquarium and we maintained it for over a year, then we gave away the last surviving arowana because it was quite a hassle maintaining an aquarium. It has come to a point where the water was color green already because the owner was not washing it, so he decided to just give it away and be done with taking care of the fishes.