Do You Own More Than One Swimsuit?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by thisnthat • May 10, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Like other apparel items, I've heard that changing between swimsuits instead of wearing the same one all the time is the best way to keep them in good condition longer. It makes sense to me, especially for women who have bathing suits with bra cups or bra inserts. Just like caring for a good bra, caring for a swimsuit can be similar.

It also makes sense if you swim in a pool regularly as opposed to other bodies of water. Giving your swimsuit a break from the chlorine is probably a good idea.

So, I guess I should start shopping for an extra bathing suit for this summer.

What do you think?

2. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, it depends on how much person is regular in swimming. If they are doing it on regular basis then yes it is better to have more options.

For me I rarely go for swimming, so even this one pair is getting rarely used. So I am happy with one only. May be in future I will go for another pair and its depend on condition of this one. Lol

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I can't swim but I do go bathe in the ocean sometimes. Nowadays, it seems that only a handful of women go swimming in a
    formal swimwear, that's true where I am from anyway. The norm is for the women to mostly wear shorts and a top and the men like myself mostly wear shorts only. When I go to the beach I just grab a nice pair of shorts and I am good to go.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have just one set of swimming attire that consists of the shorts and the rash guard for the upper body. In case something goes wrong like a torn part then I would have to buy another. I am very thrifty when it comes to clothes and some wouldn’t believe that I had never bought a shirt for a long time because I receive a lot of shirts for occasions particularly Christmas. My wife also has a set of swimming attire just like me. It’s no use having a variety of swimwear because we are not fashion conscious.

5. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I do not have even one as I do not know to swim.

If someone is a regular swimmer than he/she needs to possess at least a pair. Very few people have a figure who could do a justice to this attire. If someone is really keen on this exercise, there's a point to hold a range of swimwear.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I have some, actually I have more than necessary... And remembering well, I think I have some that I haven't even used. But as some of them were present (from my family / friends), I technically didn't lose any money.

P.S: I like to swim a lot. :D

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have two swim trunks and that's about all I need in the name of swimsuits. You know good swim trunks are very commonly available at Kmart or Target for less than $20 or if you want even cheaper ones they sell them often in discount sale. My last one cost me only $10 :)

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't own a single swim suit even if I live where the beaches are the main tourists places. I wear shorts and a shirt and have been doing this for a couple of years now. I used to own 2 swim suits a while back but had to get rid of them because they were already falling apart. Now I really don't feel too comfortable in a swimsuit since I got used to wearing regular clothing.

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @kamai@kamai I think what you use is the best swimsuit as you do not have to look for them when you really need them or visit a beach suddenly. All you need is an extra pair of dress and you're ready to go. I have couple of swim trunks but my normal shorts work perfectly when I visit a beach. I always have a pair of extra clothes in my car as I currently live in a city that has more than 80 world class beaches.

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Yes it is very easy to get ready for the beach for me and it's even better because I also have to get my daughter ready. She is still scared of the water but when she decides to go in shorts and a shirt will also do for her. Sometimes we just plan to go walk at the beach but later decide to go in the water in that case I am always ready I go in the water as I go dressed already I just take an extra pair of shorts and a shirt.

#10May 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2017
  11. Trixen

TrixenMember

Threads:
    Yes, I did. It was a requirement, girl stuff, I guess, every time I'm on the beach or just taking a dip in the pool. But now, I wear rashguards because I go snorkeling, diving, and surfing.

12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Trixen@Trixen I agree you should be properly dressed for the activities you mentioned in your post but as far I am concerned I mostly go for a swimming that doesn't need me specific clothes so I am quite okay with my swimming trunks or with my regular shorts/trunks. I avoid swimming in V shape undergarments though :)

13. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I just wear shorts at the beach. I don't buy swim suits because I find them too skimpy. Also I am male and I already show enough skin because I can legally go topless in the beach already. I don't want to show more skin. So I just wear knee length cycling shorts. They are very light in the water and gives me the ease of movement. If I am a woman maybe I will just wear sports bra and shorts. I find swim suits too expensive.

14. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I only have one at the moment, our hot tub hasn't been working for the last 4 years so I've had no reason to wear it. Until that jacuzzi gets fixed, I won't be buying any more swimsuits...and the beach that is so close to our house is always so windy with a hint of chill in the air (it's a beach by a lake) - and we're in the Midwest so even on the warmest summer days it's a bit chilly whenever you get near the lake. I always wear a tank top and shorts or something of the sort - sometimes even bringing a sweater because it simply isn't warm enough to wear a swimsuit and go in the lake anyway (water is FREEZING!) even in the summer. o_O

15. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think that would be a good idea in general, since it will last longer and it won't wear out quicker if you're only using the same swimsuit all the time. And having a substitute or replacement item also applies to the rest of our other things as well.

16. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    If you go swimming very frequently, then yes, you might as well have two or three pairs of bathing suits but if you go once a month like most people I know, you might as well stick with the same bathing suit. I'm pretty sure your bathing suit will be okay if you only use it 12 times a year. By the time you notice it's wearing down, 2 or 3 years probably passed so it depends on how frequently you use it.

17. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I have had several pair of swim trunks forever -and really,I am quite tired of them-and beside they wear out anyway. I like to swim quite a bit -and I live not far from a rather small beach-so a dip in the gulf of mexico is quite refreshing. I am in the market for some new trunks,right now because they mark them down this time of year(middle of august)and I see they have some nice colours in them-also they are above the knee for just 5 dollars at the local Wal-Mart.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @FolkArtist@FolkArtist I live in Sydney with almost 100 beaches around me or at reachable distance for a day's trip. I have stopped buying swimming trunks lately and doing all my swimming in my usual trunks which feel as good as swim wear. But yes when I have to go for scuba diving etc then of course I wear the necessary outfit.

19. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I have only one swimming suit and I have it since 2013, so 4 years is a long time. My swim suit looks good and is no need to change. It depends on how much you swim and if you take a good care of your suit. If you take a good care, you will not need to change the swim suit and you will not need a second suit either.

20. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I only have one swimsuit as I don't often get swimming. I have had it for a number of years. I don't live near enough to a beach to go very often and I don't have a pool that I would use regularly. Pools are hard on swimwear because of the chlorine and other chemicals in them and it wears out the swimsuit in a short time if you are constantly in them. I can see having more than one swimsuit if you swim much of the time. Washing them out as soon as you get done swimming is also another way to save on the wear of the suit from pool water. I think the expense of swimsuits is a little ridiculous though and this would prevent me from having more than one.