Do You Own Portable Chargers?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by TheViper • Sep 8, 2015.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I've come to realize how great these portable chargers are now in my life. I can literally be lying in bed and charge my phone while using it. Then when I am out and about I can use it to keep my electronics at full charge. Do any of you guys own a portable charger?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Chargers are portable, aren't they? But what excites me is the power bank since I can charge my phone even if I am on the road. My Samsung S3 is a big consumer of battery power. One full charge normally lasts only one day and I'm on low battery already in the afternoon. With the power bank, it is no problem anymore because I can always charge my phone anywhere I am.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, true, that's kind of like asking if you've ever had wet water, lol.

I think what the OP might have been referring to was a spare charger and or perhaps one that works with a car cigarette lighter connector. I have a few third party ones, but I am uncomfortable with using them too often, as two of my previous phones got damaged by third party chargers. I used to use them a lot, because I would keep one at work with me, so I could leave the original charger at home and didn't have to be bothered with remembering to take it with me every day.

However, over time, my screens started to become erratic and jump around and not respond accurately to my finger gestures. It wasn't until I realized this was happening 100% of the time when they were plugged into the 3rd party charger, that I found out they were somehow causing permanent damage to my phone.

4. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    If OP was talking about power banks or a car charger, then no I haven't used those. I rarely go out and if I do, I make sure to charge my phone fully before leaving. Though I know a lot of people love these power banks nowadays. I will look into getting one but as of the moment, there really is no need for me to get one. My phone lasts a whole day without charging as long as it's full charged before I go out.

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    My son just bought the power bank and loves it. He takes it on long trip to power up his ipod in the car. It's so handy. I'm just surprised nobody thought of it sooner.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That occasionally happens to me as well when I was using the universal battery charger USB port to charge my phone. The USB cable is original, but I can't use the phone properly when it's charging, but not all the time, since I was able to use it earlier even if it's charging.

Anyway, I don't have any powerbank, but due to my other phones not working, I am left with spare batteries, 3 for each phone, so I just change them when I have to use them continuously.

7. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm thinking that the OP means the battery pack chargers that you can take anywhere. If that is what he means then I can really agree. I have had one of those and it is something that I cannot live without. I sold it the other day but only so I can buy a battery charging phone case now that is the best investment that I have ever made for my phone.

8. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm, I haven't used them myself, because it just seems like you'd be prolonging the inevitable :p Why waste extra energy charging up the portable charger, when you could just charge your phone? I agree it's useful for traveling, but other than that I don't see a point.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find my charger very useful. As you know Iphone batteries don't last long. Often times I will forget to charge my phone and don't have much time. I'm using it a lot so can't really charge it so with the charger all charged up or at least significantly charged up, I have found it is a lifesaver.

10. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Mophie case for my iphone and I love it. I can charge my phone with the flip of a switch and never have to find a place to plug in. I just charge it every night as I would my phone. It adds just a tiny bit of weight to the phone itself, but the benefits are definitely outweighing the extra weight.