Do you paper roll your coins or use the automated coin machine?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by MrsJones • Dec 6, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    When I see a coin of any value laying on the ground I pick it up. It's fun to watch them accumulate over time just knowing that it's easy money.

The time has come to convert my treasure into a more transferable form - the dollar bill. I keep a constant supply of coin wraps on hand but when I saw those coin converters I considered doing that instead. I put all my coins in a sturdy lunch bag - it was heavy. One my next trip to the grocery store I went to the machine and began reading the instructions and lastly a fee/charge for the service. Nope, nada. I turned around and continued on with my shopping.

Do you prefer to wrap your coins or use the coin converter?

#1Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I would never use a coin machine as I'm a bit of a cheapskate, the conversion fee really puts me off. I carry a small coin pouch with quite a lot of coins of different denominations, making an effort to pay people in exact change, and using it for vending machines. By this method I've used up most of my excess coins!

3. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    My credit union has a coin machine. All you have to do is press in your acct #, and every penny gets credited to your account. Currently, I will use the coin machine at the Walmart. If I do not use those two options then I would rather use the Coin Star at Kroger. The Kroger machine may take 8% but I find that better than have to roll all of those coins.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I have too many coins for my own good (and we all know how heavy a mound of coins is), I don't use the automated coin machine to avoid paying a conversion fee. It's better to just ask a friend or the staff at a store I frequently go to to paper my coins. That way, I don't have to worry about conversion charges.