Do You Pay Extra For Fast Shipping?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by writer811 • Aug 6, 2012.

1. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    Whenever I shop around online I always get offers during the checkout process to pay extra for faster shipping. I've seen websites where overnight shipping costs 20 dollars and other places where you can get priority shipping for 3 dollars. How much extra would you be willing to pay for fast shipping and how fast would it have to be?

2. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I've never had a problem with shipping costs as I always shop online from places with zero costs to ship. I wouldn't pay extra for anything to be sent immediately as I'm never in a rush to receive anything that bad. I always do my christmas shopping early too, as to avoid any complications when it gets near. Why get caught up in the rush when you can get it done earlier without any issues.

3. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I've never, nor will I probably ever, paid for fast shipping. I'm fine waiting for the cheapest flat rate for my stuff or I'll shop online where they offer free priority shipping or something. I'm in no rush for my things and I find it a waste to pay to get something faster.

4. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I've used express shipping before however usually I stick with the standard shipping that's free or minimal cost. Depending on where I order from the standard shipping at times is just as fast as the expedited service. To me it's not worth the extra money spent to have express...unless it was for something really important like ordering a gown for a wedding.

5. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I just recently had that dilemma. The regular shipping was free, and the express shipping was about thirty or forty dollars. I went with the free shipping by instinct. I walked away from the computer wondering if I shouldn't have just spent the extra money to get it more quickly. In retrospect, though, I probably made the right decision.

6. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    Thirty or forty dollars and you were actually worrying that you made a wrong decision not choosing that option? I can only imagine that whatever you got must have been really expensive or really important or both.

Thanks for your views everyone. Seems like most of you prefer to use regular shipping. I'm impatient, I hate slow shipping. I always get the faster ones if they're available for a reasonable cost.

7. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I opt for the faster shipping if it's a bigger item like a laptop. If you think about it the more days you leave it in transit the higher possibility it could end up broken. That will cost you a lot more to get a replacement, than just paying the $30-$40 for the faster shipping. I like to save money too, but if it's going to risk damaging the merchandise I'll pass on the free shipping.

8. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:
    I'm too cheap to pay extra for any express shipping. You can find yourself paying the upward of like $20 just to have something 2 or 3 days sooner. Honestly, unless it's something of the life/death order, it's not worth it.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    True, an expensive item is the only case in which I would pay for faster shipping, because as you said, it's not worth risking the possibility of a high value item being damaged in shipping.

For normal everyday items like DVD's ,I do free shipping or the cheapest method available.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    We have a similar thread about next day shipping here:

Personally, I have only found a couple times where paying for faster shipping was worth it and it was only because I needed the item ASAP...but couldn't buy it locally. For example, computer parts a couple times. Otherwise, it's just not that necessary.

11. trueone

trueoneNew Member

Threads:
    What I tend to do is find the latest promotional codes that get me free express shipping. Now this depends on the site and whether or not they have that specific discount/promotional code but I always try to get free shipping regardless of the website. I suggest you do the same and save yourself ton's of money in the long run.

12. Meow

MeowMember

Threads:
    Never been a fan of faster shipping. It's usually an exponential increase in price, and, if I need the item NOW it's usually something I have the option to find locally (living in the city).

I might see things differently if I was a bit more secluded though.

13. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I have ever paid extra for shipping. Jeez I try my best not to pay shipping at all, lol. If I need it that quick I may as well just drive to the store locally and pick it up. I can't pay more for shipping for a item, than the item actually costs. Just doesn't make sense to me.

14. coolboylk

coolboylkNew Member

Threads:
    I have never paid extra cash for fast shipping. Because it's a waste of money. I can wait some days other than paying 17$ more.

15. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I will never pay for expedited shipping. If I need something quick, I'd just go to the mall and buy it there. Shipping costs, more often than not, is high enough already so to pay extra for fast shipping is just ridiculous for me.

16. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    You said everything right there.

I also never pay for fast shipping...there is an English idiom that says "haste makes waste", so I pretty much practice patience and know that whatever I need will come at the right time. :rolleyes: Makes life simpler.

17. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never paid for express shipping. I suppose I'm too cheap plus I always plan ahead. If it's for a gift, I order in advance so I don't feel the need to rush. Most of the places I order from online offer next day shipping as standard. Amazon is the only exception. I can wait for a few days.

18. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    I am never in the position that I need to have something shipped faster than usual. The extra shipping costs are always too high to begin with anyway.

19. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I have never paid extra for quicker shipping. I have ordered things where they gave me free overnight shipping, but I would never pay for it no. I don't often buy things online tho.

20. youtubedomination

youtubedominationMember

Threads:
    It really depends on the item for me and where I'm buying the item from. With Amazon, I have Amazon Prime so I get free two-day shipping anyways and if I'm really in a rush $2.99 1-Day shipping.