Do You Pay Extra For Fast Shipping?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by writer811 • Aug 6, 2012.

1. annifer333

annifer333New Member

Threads:
    I don't pay extra for shipping. Most of the time I use sites that offer free shipping with a $$ amount. Amazon has the free shipping thing over $25. Most sites are like that. I am a planner, so when I know I need something I order it ahead of time so I know it will be here before I need it. No need to spend the extra money for it to be delivered tomorrow.. I can wait.

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Sorry but I just can't do it. It seems like such a waste. If I need it that bad I will just buy it locally.

3. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    Same here! I usually take the cheapest (which is usually the free) shipping if I buy from the internet. I know what I'm buying and when I need it, so if I need it tomorrow or it's something that was unplanned that I need, then it honestly is faster to buy it in person. It sometimes is just faster and more efficient to buy it in person - at a mall or at a store, especially if you know exactly what you are getting and where to get it.

4. koelha10

koelha10Member

Threads:
    I might be a bit cheap, but I never pay for faster shipping. I will search google for a coupon code and get a free shipping code if I can find one, however I am never willing to pay extra for shipping. In fact I will actually refuse to by from a website that charges shipping at all because more times than not I can find that item in a local store and be able to buy it there for less than it would be to buy it online once I add in the cost of shipping.

5. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I never pay for fast shipping I always wait a couple of days to get what I payed for, and I am to cheep to pay for my shipping to arrive the next day. But, I would rather just go to a local store to buy what I want.

6. DwaHow

DwaHowNew Member

Threads:
    I've never paid for faster shipping, but then again I've never bought anything that i'm really excited to have. If I bought something that's electronic I'd probably pay extra for shipping.

7. Rarehuntress

RarehuntressNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have paid for faster shipping but I don't do it all the time. I take classes online and I don't have a car, so I buy my textbooks from amazon.com or bn.com. I buy them 2 weeks before class, but my area sometimes have random occurances such as poweroutage, snowstorms, rainstorms, hurricanes etc which affect all deliveries. So if I ordered my books with regular delivery and a we got a random storm where trees fell over and the power went out, the mail won't be delivered on time. So I sometimes pay extra for overnight shipping just in case, so I can have by books in time for class.There were many times when I paid for 2 day shipping and the items arrived after the second day, I just called customer service and since i have to sign for the package, they see I was truthful about the delivery date and they refund me my money. So in those cases because they didn't deliver the package in the time frame they said they would, I got overnight delivery with free shipping.

#47Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  8. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    Shipping is so high these days and I always figure it into the cost of what I am buying to get the best price. Online retailers are aware of the problem and many of them do offer a discounted rate for faster shipping, but you have to do your homework to find the best ones. If it's something I really need and the shipping is reasonable, I'll go for the faster shipping. One of my favorite sites for this is Amazon. For just $3.99, I can get something overnight. That's a great deal.

9. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really pay extra for fast shipping. I could wait. Usually fast shipping would mean another $15-$20 and I think that is too much. I'm a practical kind of person and I would settle with ordinary shipping rates even if that would mean I have to wait up two weeks or more.

10. renecha

renechaNew Member

Threads:
    Wholesale Store Suppliers

Wholesale Store Suppliers is your general merchandise wholesaler Directory for everything needed for a dollar store,99 cent storescent store discount store, market, convenience store, variety, hardware or other kind of retail and wholesale businesses. Meet the best wholesale General merchandise importers and suppliers. Over 100,000 items for dollar stores and 99 cents stores supplied by the wholesalers distributors and importers all at factory direct pricing.

#50Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  11. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I never pay for fast shipping. I just pay for the regular shipping price as I'm not desperate anyway to get the items I buy right away. If I need it right away, I'll just pop in a shop and buy it from there instead.

12. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If i'm paying 20 for a faster shipping it'd have to be next day or two day shipping other than that I wouldn't pay that much i guess it would depend on how much items are being shipped and things like that i think the most i will pay for shipping would be 5 bucks

13. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am the same exact way. I find it useless to pay an extra ten dollars for something that just might take a few extra days to arrive. I am a pretty patient person so there is no problem.
    I try to ave money on every chance I get so free shipping is the only kind of shipping that I would settle for. I don't even agree with paying the standard shipping for things that I can get a coupon code for free shipping.
    The bottom line is that I think it is just a waste of hard earned money.

14. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think I have ever paid extra for shipping. I am patient and prepared to wait a few extra days to save money. I would pay extra for next day delivery if it was necessary and I needed the item urgently but I haven't been in that situation yet.

15. blowx3

blowx3New Member

Threads:
    It depends on what im buying. For dresses and such that is needed right away I do express shipping. I usually pay any amount of price if I really need it as soon as possible

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I buy from a local store then the item usually arrives from 1 to 7 days after I have purchased it, but if it's from an international store, then I have to wait for more or less a month before I receive it. So with that said, I have never paid yet for expedited shipping, since I'm quite patient anyway. The only time that I pay for shipping is when the seller charges you because he doesn't offer free shipping. It's worth it though, because from my experience, the item arrived in 6 days from the UK to the Philippines.

17. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    i don't like having to pay a lot of money for expedited shipping on anything, I would rather wait simply because sometimes the shipping would be the same or more then the product itself, in that case I would just go and buy at the store or just wait for the ground shipping. I can't see paying all that extra money just to get something a day or two early. Shipping prices are too high.

18. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I usually go for the least expensive form of shipping because I am so cheap when it comes to shipping charges and am usually not in a rush to receive my items. The most I have ever paid for shipping is overnight around Christmas for about $50, it was a one time thing and worth it for me. Occasionally I upgrade shipping if the difference is only a few dollars, otherwise I sit tight and wait. I have actually found most sites tend to grossly overestimate the shipping time and I'm convinced it's because they want customers to upgrade the shipping.

19. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what I'm shipping really but most of the time if I want something delivered quick I just go to the stores or malls and spend the extra payment for shipping there instead. When I order online I just take it into consideration that I have to wait a day or so, so I don't really order anything that I will need pronto and the shipping costs from where I live doesn't cost that much really so I think it wouldn't hurt to add a few dollars to make the delivery quicker.

20. Collin1000

Collin1000Member

Threads:
    I've got Amazon Prime (free shipping from Amazon), a Target Redcard (free shipping from Target.com), ShopRunner (free shipping from over 200 online stores), and O.Co membership (Free shipping from Overstock.com)

Target has fast shipping as it is, Amazon and ShopRunner are both 2 day free. So, yes, I pay "extra" in the form of memberships to them, but considering all of the perks you get aside from just free fast shipping, I wouldn't say I really do pay extra for the shipping. I'd pay for Amazon's On Demand library anyway, so to me, shipping is the bonus.