Do you pay for a manicure or do it at home yourself?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by True2marie • Jun 20, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    One thing I have noticed about other women - regardless of income - many get their nails done professionally.

Manicures seem to be the treat every female likes to indulge in. I can't lie, I am one of them.

There's something about letting another human being shape up your nails that makes them look so much better. AND, I am happy to see all of the designs available today to wear.

ombrenails.JPG

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My sister and my cousins do pay for their manicure most of the time. On rare occasions, they just do it at home together themselves. But whenever they do it, they only do it out of fun. Later, they would remove the paint they painted themselves on their nails. If they have something formal to attend, they go to a salon and have their nails be professionally taken care and managed. As for me, I think it's better to pay someone who's gonna do the job, rather than do it themselves. They don't really do it well, my cousins and my sister. After they pain their nails, they just look like trashes.

3. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    I just clip my nails with a regular nail clipper, and leave it at that. No point doing anything else because if I got fancy nails, they'd just be ruined by the end of the day. Rarely will you see me with all done up nails.

4. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    These past 3 years, I have completed my own manicures.
    Years ago, I used to get my nails done at one store, and then walk next door to get my hair done.
    When I knew I was quitting my job, I began to economize a great deal.

5. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Most the time I do my manicures unless me and my friends decide to have a girls day at the salon. I have all the the materials at home to do it myself. All you need is a clipper and file and some polish. Look just as good.

6. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I'm really not good at polishing or doing the manicure myself (my hand just can't stay peaceful when doing it :D). Most of the time I just keep my nails cut and clean but to be honest, I'm still wanting to have it done on my nails at least once. When I do that, I definitely will get it done at a saloon.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My sentiments exactly. I was never fond of having my nails painted with nail polish. When I was in high school, I was briefly doing it with clear shades of nail polish because I was influenced with the people I hung out with, but now, not anymore.

8. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I definitely enjoy getting my nails done by a professional, it is something I like to treat myself to. If I paint my nails at home, I obviously can't do as good of a job and it just doesn't last as long. Manicures can get pricey but its worth it in my opinion. Having pretty nails is something I enjoy and if the professional does a good job, it is worth every penny. I recently got my nails done for my sister-in-law's wedding. Its a new technique and I absolutely fell in love with it and I would love to keep up with them. We will see if I am actually able to depending on my financial situation on a week to week basis. I have a board on Pinterest with a lot of different nail designs and colors. I would LOVE to start trying them out!

9. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I never get my nails done in a salon and always do them myself. I just can't justify spending the money for something I can easily do myself. I also spend a lot on my hair and skin care so not getting my nails done is sort of a trade off in my budget.

10. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I was actually able to go back to the salon since my last post and I did get a design done that I had Pinned on Pinterest. It was very cool to see it on my own nails. I hope to continue doing this at least throughout the summer. As a working-at-home mom, it can be hard to find downtime to do my own nails. Its nice to leave the baby with my hubby once every 2 weeks and go take some time for myself. If I ever get to the point where I can't afford the nails (which could be at any point), I might have to just ask Daddy to watch the baby while I go perform a DIY manicure in the bedroom! :)