Do You Pay For Sewer Water?

Discussion in Utilities started by Decentlady • Nov 10, 2016.

1. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    There is this compulsion which I think is crazy by the government to pay for sewer water. While paying for water bills you are obliged to pay for sewer water too.

I want to know if this is universal or country specific?

2. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I don't pay for sewer water and honestly, I've never heard of that in all states and countries I've lived in. I have heard people from states I haven't been to pay a sewer bill but I never knew what that was for. That does sound unfair.

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    This is strange here. We are not paying for sewer water. We pay normal water consumption charges.
    Sewer water should be the responsibility of the government without having to bother the people to pay.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, it has been introduced recently in our area. It used to be a combined tax that consisted water, sewer, drainage and maintenance of parks but now they charge separately for everything. I prefer the way I pay one time (strata) in private housing societies where the community managers take care of all your bills.

5. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There is no such charge here in East Africa. I think maintenance and construction of sewerage services should rest on the municipal authorities. It would pose a significant and serious health threat if people were to default on such payments. The major issue in our area is how to dispose the sludge. Some of it is channelled towards river valleys posing a serious health and environmental challenge.