Do you pay using Credit Card?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by srinivas0812 • Apr 3, 2013.

1. srinivas0812

srinivas0812Member

Threads:
    Hello Shoppers!
    Would like to know your opinions on paying via credit card. Do you think linking a credit card to a site is trustworthy? How often have you won a charge back without much hassle?

2. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use credit cards I only use debit cards. I did away with the credit cards years ago. To answer your question though as whether or not I think it is trustworthy to link a credit card to a site, my answer would have to be no, I don't think it is trustworthy, If I still used credit cards I would never link it to any site.

3. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I use credit cards in purchasing online, BUT only when Paypal is not the option for payment and I really need the item. But I don't link my credit cards to any site other than Paypal. Whenever I need to enter my credit card details to an online store (which I do if it's a big and known company only), I make sure first that my credit card details won't be saved in future purchases. I always read the details or fine print before paying. This would save me having problems and worries of my credit cards being unknowingly used.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I'll link cards to reputable sites like Amazon, but I pay with a debit card rather than a credit card. It's too easy to run up big bills with online purchases. I've never felt there was a problem with security, though. Then again, I only buy from well known sites, so I only share my details with those sites.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a credit card, but I do have a debit card which I used to verify my Paypal account, but I never have used it to make purchases. I just use my Paypal balance all the time if I want to purchase something. I think that as long as you shop at large and established stores then your credit card details will be safe.

#5Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  6. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I only have a debit and I don't use credit cards. But if it's not with Paypal, it's probably not going to happen. Their are a select few that use my debit and one is Amazon.

7. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a credit card, so I never have to dispute charges. Paypal is a good way to purchase online, as Mrsgeede mentioned. It's also a protect yourself from fraudulent charges as a lot of sites have a paypal shopping cart or at least give you the option of using Paypal. If you're worried, you could always get on of those prepaid cards to dedicate just for online shopping.

8. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't own a credit card and I don't intend on owning one in the future as I don't see the need. A credit card encourages you to spend money you don't have and I don't like that. I use my debit card, that's all I need.

9. monkeymendez

monkeymendezNew Member

Threads:
    I guess it really depends on the website that you use. Then again anybody from anywhere at any moment can hack your information weather it be a credit card, Debit car , Or Paypal. Not to alarm anybody i am merely just stating facts. So whenever you purchase something online make sure it is not one of those little rink a dink websites that you can use your better judgment and decided if its worth it.

10. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    I do use credit cards to make online purchases, but only with reputable sites and I do not store my cards for future use, if that's what you mean by "linking". I also have never had to do a chargeback, call it luck, but I have never been a victim of credit card scams or fraudulent charges.

11. flemingtm

flemingtmNew Member

Threads:
    I NEVER pay using my credit card information. It is always a risk to put your information out there, but credit card information is too much. If someone wanted to I bet you they could get your social security number from hacking your credit card info. Also I use PayPal to do all my online transactions. I trust PayPal in securing my card information and just by things using my PayPal information.

12. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never used a credit card online I trust don't feel it's safe especially with a site I never heard of or am new to

13. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I use my credit card for everything I buy. I get points for using my credit card and I find that this saves me money. I am very careful to make sure that I pay off my credit card in full each month so that I don't end up paying more money for my purchases. I will pay for items online using my credit card too as long as it is a reputable place.

14. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I always pay with my credit card. I do this mostly because I get 1% cashback, so as small as that may seem, it is a good amount of incentive for me. Also given how stupid Canadian banks are, I can only use my bank 25 times per month..meaning if I use my debit card for shopping I will go over my limit and have to pay for transactions.

How safe is credit card? Well it all really depends on how the company you pay stores your data, rather than the company itself.

15. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I only ever use a select few places online to pay through credit card. Sites that are extremely secure.

16. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I have prepaid credit cards that do not have any fees associated with them and I use them to purchase stuff online. It is very safe since it is prepaid and if somebody got my number, they couldn't charge anything if the money is not on the card. I prefer it this way so that nobody can hack and use my number (at least not successfully.) I make sure there is about enough money to buy what I am planning on buying and not much more on the card.

I don't have any actual credit cards anymore, just prepaid.

17. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I only use my debit card to make online purchases. I do not have any credit cards. To process online payments you could use Paypal, its very secure and a number of online merchants use Paypal.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only use my credit card to pay my phone/internet bill because I'm earning a cash back reward on a bill that I have to pay every month anyway. I pay for everything else with debit cards.

19. thetrader

thetraderNew Member

Threads:
    Yep, but anyway with the SSL key nobody can get access to your bank card detail just check the little logo at the bottom of your browser that is very reliable...

20. srinivas0812

srinivas0812Member

Threads:
    Amazing feedback so far! Thanks for all the replies. So, I will be using my CC in websites having a good reputation. But, my first preference would be PP :)
    Good luck Shoppers!