Do you pay using Credit Card?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by srinivas0812 • Apr 3, 2013.

1. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely use my credit card not unless I need to. I usually pay using my Paypal account when I purchase something online and if I'm out in the real world I pay using cash and not my cards. But on those rare occasions, I do use my card.

2. vij

vijNew Member

Threads:
    I like to use paypal which is linked to my credit card. I am from India and for international purchases involving digital products, paypal is a good option. For local Indian purchases, I prefer to use debit cards.

3. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    I use my debit card. Rarely do I use credit cards because of the interest. What is interesting is that there are places you can use your paypal account offline, such as at the B&M store Dollar General. But I use my debit card there as well. If I don't have money in my bank account to buy something paypal isn't going to do me any good.

4. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I always fear giving my credit cards to sites I'm unfamiliar with. I trust big companies like Amazon with my information, but even Target was hijacked... These days it's hard to say who you should link what to. Instead I like to use my paypal for sketchy sites to do an immediate transaction versus a charge that could have a mysterious extra plunge out of it.

5. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I use a credit card but mostly through PayPal. Only on very few sites I use the card directly like the site to pay my internet bill. I do like using my credit card and paying the balance instead of using my debit card because I've been able to build credit. I know a lot of people my age don't use credit cards but really if you use them responsibly you can build your credit which will help so much later on when you want to buy a house. For me my credit is super important since my partner has bad credit so I can't rely on him.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It actually depends on the site you're linking to. A long time ago, I used credit card to pay for online transactions. However, for fear of hidden charges and spending beyond my actual means, I cancelled my account in less than a year. Now I'm using debit (which is no different from having a credit card except that money paid is charged directly from your savings account). I only use it to book flights online or buy an item I couldn't get in my home country. Amazon and Ebay are trustworthy sites but please be careful because there are many fake Ebay links circulating all over the net. I even got a link from a hacker claiming to have sent some payment through PayPal.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say that I rarely ever use my credit card. I just prefer cash. I can count it after wards and you can't use your card everywhere. So cash can come in handy for those times too. Also, I don't now how to use card machines that well lol. And when I get it wrong the casheers always laugh or chuckle. Not cool lol.

8. kbroder9

kbroder9Member

Threads:
    I think a credit card is fine, almost all of them have fraud protection, but you should be cautious with using your debit card online. The debit card is your actual money, so if someone steals that info, it might take more time to fight that with the bank and get it back. I've had fraud on credit cards several times and they always put the money back immediately before the actual investigation. Only use a secure network though! Never in public.

9. Athena02

Athena02Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid doing so whenever I can. Might just be me being paranoid, but I don't like the idea of entering my credit card information on a bunch of website. So whenever a Paypal option is available, I tend to go with it. If I really must use my credit card, I make sure that the website is safe and trustworthy before anything else.