Do You Pets Go To A Doggy Hotel While You Are Away?

Discussion in Travel started by tasha • Jun 3, 2015.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    Having someone take care of the pets while you are away is a big job as nobody really wants to do it for you. I don't have pets because I like to get up and go at the last minute and cant have pets to worry about. I recently found that my sister gets her dogs to a doggy hotel where they get trimmed and manicured and the price is almost the same as the people going to check into a hotel. The bonus is the dogs are safe and protected and really spoilt...what do you think?

2. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    They are not really a thing where I live, there are kennels but I would never put my pets into one as I think it would stress them out too much (my cat is kind of a wimp lol) but I get why people do.

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    It really depends if you have friends or family who enjoy pets. Luckily, i do, so don't typically have a problem getting someone to take care of them while I'm gone. I could see how for some people it's just easier to take their pets to a kennel.

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I'd rather have my family watch over my pets rather than take my pets in a doggy hotel. It's way cheaper and secure and I know that my pets and my family would love each other's company.

5. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I much rather prefer having a close friend stay at my house with my dog or even watching him at their house. I have used a kennel/doggy hotel before and I am sure there will be times in the future when I have to do so, but I just prefer him to be at home or in somebody's home rather than in a cage or "hotel". The kennels around me are all very expensive, too. I even have to pay extra to give him time out of his assigned kennel when he's there. That bugs me.

6. Scarlet

ScarletMember

Threads:
    I've never used one as family or friends have always been happy to look after our pets.

When I go away for more than a couple of weeks I take them with me(dog and cats) within the UK.

I try not to go away for more than a few days, I would find it too hard, I could not relax as worry even for a short time.

I probably use moving as a form of travel as it means they can be with me :)

If I had to use though, I would more likely use a pet/house sitter, that way the only thing that is changing for them is the person. Less stressful all around.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I always have someone taking a look around when I'm not home, this person will see to it that my pets are fed and she will even let them out so they can exercise for a little while. I'm supposing doggy hotels are somewhat expensive? What if you'll be gone for two or three months?

Make friends with neighbors and they'll happy to help you any time. It will save you a lot of money.

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have 2 housemaids to take care of our 3 dogs. But when we go on vacation by car, we bring along our dogs whenever possible. Early this year, we went to a beach resort twice with our dogs. They truly enjoy the car ride and they are used to traveling since we were able to bring them along to Baguio City, that's a 6-hour travel by car.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Had I been blessed with more disposable income, I wouldn't say no to a doggy hotel. When my family and I go on vacations, though, we just let someone else - usually a neighbor, a trusted family friend or a relative - take care of our pets. Otherwise, we have to rush back home to feed them right away lest they starve. I'm hoping to buy 8 automatic-feeders (one for each pet) sometime in the future.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't have pets at the moment. But my mum and dad in law hate those doggie hotels/kennels, and feel that it's cruel to leave their very pampered pooch behind when they go anywhere. They either ensure that there's a family member to watch over it while they're away, or take it with them where possible.

11. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried bringing our dogs in a hotel. It is very expensive. If ever we need to go somewhere or on vacation that is far, I make sure that somebody will have to look at them. I ask a relative to take care of them. Bath them, feed them and walk them.

12. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    My dog goes to a pet resort while I'm away on extended vacation, and I always feel guilty when I see the state she is in when I pick her up. There's no doubt in my mind that she is spoiled rotten each time, but you can tell that she doesn't eat very well when she's not at home. Also, she is very hoarse when she comes back, which says to me that she was in a cage barking her head off a majority of the time. Nonetheless, the people there are kind to her, and I've been told she "runs the pack" whenever they allow her to play outside with the other dogs.