Do You Plan Your Trips?

Discussion in Travel started by gracer • Feb 3, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to. I mean I haven't been anywhere lately where comprehensive planning is involved. However, I admit, the last time I was traveling I had not idea how much the PA turnpike had gone up in price. Had I done some research prior, I would have avoided that road entirely. It was extremely expensive..and I really resented spending so much money to go roughly 120 miles.

2. Adoreyou!

Adoreyou!New Member

Threads:
    Well having plans this year to expericne Niagara falls this year while summers and quite happy about that. It just simply makes me feel really great and happy whenever i went to any this kind of places. There are a lot of the fantastic kind of places around Niagara falls i will surely love to be at all of those too.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This sounds great! I've never actually been presented with this sort of scenario before and because I never even knew that it was an option, I've never thought to look! But I bet there are places like that even over here. The customer service here can be so bad that some of these people would not engage their brains to offer up that sort of information. I'll definitely be checking with a couple of my trusty travel agents to see what I can get. Thanks for mentioning this, Rosyrain :)

4. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    That's a valid point. BTW, if you ever visit London (on a long stopover- I once had to wait for like 17-18 hours), no one will tell you this, but you can simply hire a cab for the whole day for like 80 pounds which is like $140-160 and just go siteseeing.

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    Depending on what kind of trip we are taking we could spend up to 2 -3 months planning, researching and booking a family vacation or we might just go spur of the moment and book our trip the weekend before we leave. I know when we went to Florida for 2 weeks I started researching flights and hotels 3 months in advance. I was able to get a great deal on our flights and hotels. Since we had flexibility on when we could leave it was great. I booked us in on the cheapest week at the hotel and flew out on a Tuesday which I think is one of the cheapest days to fly. If you have that kind of flexibility you can save a lot of money by planning in advance.

6. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Flexibility is key when booking hotels and flights. You can find some really unbelievable deals if you keep your travel plans a little flexible.

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Oh I plan a lot of it right down to the fine detail, including travel, where I stay, where I will eat, pubs I will visit, what I'll be wearing, what sites I want to see. I don't like to leave things to chance too much. I might leave a day or so free to explore, but that is about it.

8. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I plan to a certain extent, but for the most part we just wing it. We tend to have a destination in mind, but I do not usually get the hotel room a head of time. I usually get a good deal on Trip Advisor and just go from there. We do not travel any great distance typically no more than a few hours by car. I am not a very organized person to begin with and doing all that planning tends to weigh my brain down.

9. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to get to a point in my life where I can just wake up and say, " I want to go there" and then make plans to actually do it. Right now we are scraping up every penny we can to pay off bills and buy a house. I am going to be so worn out by the time that it is all over that I am really going to have to plan a vacation getaway of some sort.

10. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    Yeah, I also planning my trip to go with my family and for that going to choose a perfect option among Popular Summer Bus Tour package to have fun in California. We will spend time in Yesomit National park and see the lovely views of the famous castle in CA.

11. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on a trip I want to take. If it's just visiting another city nearby then I don't plan much. If it's a foreign country... yeah, I plan it all pretty hard.

1. Define the time period
    2. Check the places to stay
    3. Check the transportation

These are the main 3 things I do. They are essential to me.

12. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    Well, everytime I go on a trip with my family, we always plan everything about where we are going to stay at, food, how much money we should carry and all that kind of stuff, always going out of home prepared for anything that could ever happen, but as we all know, things do not always come out as we planned, new experiences are just out there waiting for us to live them, even when they are out of our plans.