Do you play any trading card games?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by MikeyPaine • Oct 2, 2014.

1. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    Otherwise known as TCGs, some major ones include Magic: the Gathering, Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh. You can play them online (I know Magic and Pokemon have an offical client, I'm not sure about Yu-gi-oh) or in a game store. I know they're more popular with the younger demographic, but I'm curious.

2. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I use to play Yu-gi-oh when I was younger. I had almost every card. My brother started taught me how to play and it got kind of addictive as a child. It was really fun once I learned how to play.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to play Pokemon cards. Now I don't really have anyone to play with. I suppose I've gotten too old for it as well to really enjoy it but I love my collection so I just keep them in my Pokemon case.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, neither me nor my daughter play trading card games, but she actively collects Pokemon cards. She also has a smaller collection of Yu-Gi-Oh cards. She enjoys collecting that kind of stuff.

5. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I used to collect Yu-gi-Oh cards when I was smaller with my cousin. We traded all the time and eventually started collecting Magic cards as well. Haven't played or bought packs in years, but I did have a lot of fun with TCG when I was younger.

Not a trading card game, but I also do play the Blizzard card game, Hearthstone, which has become really popular over the past year.

6. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh cards back then but that's it. I've never really found the charm when it comes to card games, I mean sure they're fun to play but sometimes learning the rules and finding a friend to play it with is really annoying because they're either playing video games or just doesn't want to.

7. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I grew up playing Magic the Gathering, and in fact I wasted a whole summer of playing that darn game. I remember when I was around 15 years old, and worked to help my father clear brush for one week. He paid me $200, which I went and spent all of it on boaster packs for Magic. What a waste...

Now I will play the Steam version of the game. $10 or cheaper for hours of fun content is a much better buy for me!

8. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to partake in quite a few TCGs, although I haven't touched them in years. I still have a few cards from various games lying around, though. They just have no appeal for me any longer, but some of those cards are worth a few bucks each. I should probably get on selling them more than anything else. ;]

9. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I play Magic. Even though I'm currently at kind of a hiatus, because the online client is awful and I got bored of playing Modern anyway. I'm looking to get into Legacy now, but I dont have ~600 dollars right now to drop on a deck.

10. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I used to play a little Magic, but it was an expensive hobby. Nowadays mobile TCGs are much cheaper and allow you to play against anyone around the world, the only downside is that you miss out on the physical card merchandise. Hearthstone and Shadow Era are great mobile TCGs to explore, I'm still playing them casually without having spent a dime on either.

11. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjayMember

Threads:
    Back in the day, my cousin got me into Yugioh. And to be fair, I sort of still play it. But now I play it in video game form. But if it wasn't for him teaching me how to play the actual card game, I'd have never realized how much I liked the game.

Of course, I tried the grand daddy of them all as well, Magic. Ironically, I ended up buying video games for that too once I learned how to play the real life card game just like Yugioh.

12. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I played them awhile back and got really addicted to them at one point. Pokemon cards are the ones I played during elementary school. I didn’t really compete using them but just collected and traded them along with NBA basketball cards. In high school, I played Yu-Gi-Oh with friends. I competed, collected and traded them also. In college, I played Magic: The Gathering and got really serious about it. I think I spent a lot of money with Magic, buying decks and booster packs, and also buying individual rare cards.