do you play PC games? then you should play on Steam!

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by vagabondmom • Jun 28, 2012.

1. vagabondmom

vagabondmomNew Member

Threads:
    Steam is a way to buy PC (and Mac) games and manage them on more than one computer. They have a great selection of indie games and sales on major titles throughout the year. There's is no reason to ever pay full retail price off the shelf. The summer sale should start tomorrow and the prices are always amazing. When Plants vs. Zombies was the latest craze I think I paid $3 for the full version, for instance.

Even if you don't shop the sales, Steam is great for a gamer because if your computer ever dies the games you've purchased are always available to download and install all over again. Let me know if you create an account so you can add me. :)

2. dreamchaser

dreamchaserNew Member

Threads:
    I can second this. Steam is a great platform for gamers, and has amazing sales. So far, it can't be beat by any other platform out there, but I would also recommend checking Origin and Gamestop for digital download sales. Also, as a heads up, the Steam Summer Sale is coming up soon. It's an annual sale where they put many things up for up to 90% off. Deals refresh every day for about a week, and it's really easy to pick something up for you and your friends.

3. Imoverthere

ImoverthereMember

Threads:
    Steam is always a great gaming store and community. Team Fortress 2 has been free for awhile and probably one of the biggest games you can get, a great first person shooter. There's a lot of cheap games too, tons of them. $5 games, and $10 games, and while they're not widely known, it doesn't hurt to try those!

4. TheMightyMathias

TheMightyMathiasNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah, Steam is great. I got my laptop about a year ago and the Steam summer sale happened a little after I got it. I was amazed at how many games were on sale and how cheap they were. Almost all the games that had been out for a while were under $10. If you play PC games you should get Steam and check out the summer sale, it's really worth it.

5. QuatreHiead

QuatreHieadMember

Threads:
    I have several friends who have endorsed the use of Steam. I have heard there is another site which also has this same type of thing, however I don't know that they offer sales. Additionally, I hear their user agreement is not as friendly as Steam.

Thanks for this reminder! I may have to check this out for some light summer gaming options for cheap.

6. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Yes Steam is a great game provider but I think I would like Blizzard more. Diablo III is really addicting now and I am really enjoying it by far!

7. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Didn't we have a thread on Steam somewhere already?

Anyway, yup, I'm on Steam, too. Most of my games for the PC come from Steam, and I usually take advantage of the bargains they have from time to time. The community on Steam is great, too.

8. izzypopa

izzypopaNew Member

Threads:
    I have been using Steam for a while now and i can say that i am overall quite happy with the experience, everything runs smooth and i have had barely any issues with it at all over the year ive been using it.
    Great platform and great gaming!

9. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    Steam is awesome, but i'm pretty sure most, if not all PC gamers are aware of its existence :p

Steam holiday sales ftw.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Never tried Steam, but I have been playing around with emulators and roms lately. You can find an emulator for pretty much every old video game system out there, as well as all the ROMs for the games for free. Not sure what the legality is in downloading these, but considering the games are no longer for sale anymore - no harm done really to the developers.

11. dreyz

dreyzMember

Threads:
    I DO play on Steam! Oh man, my money flies away especially during Summer Sales, and you know what? There's so many games there, I feel that I don't need to look any further to find games that I want to play. I support Steam all the way.

12. supergirl

supergirlMember

Threads:
    I agree, Stream is a fantastic way to play games. It does require an internet connection, but most of us are connected 24/7 now? It's also a great social tool where you can add your friends. My favourite thing about Stream though, is that it doesn't require you to have the disk! I broke my CD drive a year or so ago and have just been too lazy to go and get in fixed. Stream just downloads straight onto your system.